Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: A Superb Fight Sets Up a Super Sequel: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: A Superb Fight Sets Up a Super Sequel: Weekend Afterthoughts

On May 20th, Irish eyes will be smiling. At least until the bell rings. That's the day the world will see featherweight champion Amanda Serrano challenge lightweight champion Katie Taylor for the second time, this time on Taylor's turf in Ireland. The road to get there was set on Saturday, and it was anything but easy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is all you can ask for in fights, some drama to make it more enjoyable.

Comment

I don't want to start too much drama but I still feel Serrano should of edged Taylor in their first fight. I had her up. I know Taylor was super sharp, but Serrano wasn't entirely missing either. She was definitely more busy and had Taylor in seriously bad shape in Rd.5. I even thought it could of been scored nearly a 8-10 rd. Granted she grit it out and continued to box well the rest of the fight. I just think Serrano was doing more overall (landing punches and damage). Of course Compubox could prove me wrong on who landed more.

I think the rematch will see Taylor winning a more clear cut victory. She knows what to expect this time around and she'll be fired up with her crowd. If I was Serrano, I'm not sure I would even try to win the fight over there, rofl.

Comment

Not a good idea healthwise for Serrano to go into another war after just three months from such a taxing win. Besides, no way she wins a decision in Ireland.

Money is good, but the girl is playing with fire in regard to being punch drunk twenty years from now.

Comment

Working...
        X