Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jesse Rodriguez-Cristian Gonzalez WBO Title Fight Set For April 8 At Tech Port Arena In San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jesse Rodriguez-Cristian Gonzalez WBO Title Fight Set For April 8 At Tech Port Arena In San Antonio

One of the sport's most promising young stars will return to a familiar site in his quest to become a two-division titlist. The upcoming vacant WBO flyweight title fight between Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez and Mexico's Cristian Gonzalez is set to take place April 8 on DAZN from Tech Port Arena in Rodriguez's hometown of San Antonio. The venue was confirmed by Matchroom Boxing on Monday as part of its full schedule reveal through mid-May.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Jesse! I just might pay big Ed his $20 for this one $$$

Comment

Cristian Gonzalez Hernandez
      Not even a picture on boxrec. He's an outline fighter.
      And from a lighter division.

Last edited by Wacked_Out; 02-06-2023, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I was excited about Bam after Cuadras & Wangek. Not so much after Gonzalez. I hope he just underestimated his last foe and goes on a KO streak. Typically I can't stand fights under 122lbs because they're always controversial.

Comment

I don't get it, he did so FANTASTIC beating two TOP guys and then turns around and leaves the division when he just ascended to star or near star levels??? I can see going back down if you fail at a higher weight but damn, he was on fire!! I've been saying is the most ambitious fighter in boxing to have fought two top guys with so few fights and now a reverse.

Comment

Bam brings the action

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I don't get it, he did so FANTASTIC beating two TOP guys and then turns around and leaves the division when he just ascended to star or near star levels??? I can see going back down if you fail at a higher weight but damn, he was on fire!! I've been saying is the most ambitious fighter in boxing to have fought two top guys with so few fights and now a reverse.
              I assume that he doesn't want to step on his brother's (Joshua Franco) toes.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I assume that he doesn't want to step on his brother's (Joshua Franco) toes.
                But he's missing out on Choc, Estrada, Martinez, Ioka, etc.

Comment

But he's missing out on Choc, Estrada, Martinez, Ioka, etc.
                  He probably thinks it be reckless to stay considering how difficult Israel Gonzalez was just due to size difference alone and he is not wrong, people have to remember that he originally comes from two weight classes below.

Three pounds might not sound like a lot, but most of the fighters at 115 can easily hydrate way more weight compared to Jesse at this point of his career.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 02-07-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

The reason is that he wants to build a legacy and pick up titles at lower weights and be a 2-3 weight division champ, the issue was he couldn’t get the champs to fight him at 108-112 so had to make the jump when he got the call to move up for a late replacement opponent! By the time he’s done he’ll be a 5-6 weight division champion!

Comment

Working...
                    X