Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Jermaine Franklin Official For April 1, Joshua's First Bout With James

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Jermaine Franklin Official For April 1, Joshua's First Bout With James

Former two-time unified Heavyweight Champion of the World Anthony Joshua (24-3, 22 KOs) fights at The O2 in London for the first time since 2016 as he begins life under the tutelage of new head trainer Derrick James. 'AJ' returns to the scene of his first World Title win over Charles Martin to face another American contender in Jermaine Franklin (21-1, 14 KOs). Saginaw's '989 Assassin' pushed Dillian Whyte all the way in a close points loss at Wembley's OVO Arena last November and is relishing his shot against one of the biggest names in the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel like James will bring AJ's best attributes to the surface and vastly improve his stamina. But, the one question that has to be answered by only Joshua, is his confidence and willingness to fully engage with his opponent without fear of a shot, or doubting his chin.

Comment

it is a junk fight if he is going to walk backwards he should at least do it with someone who has credentials in the ring. That little write up was nothing but a advertisement for DAZ that is all it was, throwing out there how cheap it is to view. How much of a sparring match is what it really is. I would not even look at it as a real fight just something for advertisement of the fighter and the platform.
      MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

So in Joshua's world he says he going to show the world why it's time to 'take my place at the top of the heavyweight division' by fighting the guy who just lost to the guy who Joshua KO'd seven years ago and then fight the very guy who he KO'd seven years ago ....unbelievable but the idiots will be happy ... is it really the first time in eight years we will be able to witness the 'great' Joshua off a PPV platform .....who did he beat again??? ...'that ain't no April the fools day joke' !

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          So in Joshua's world he says he going to show the world why it's time to 'take my place at the top of the heavyweight division' by fighting the guy who just lost to the guy who Joshua KO'd seven years ago and then fight the very guy who he KO'd seven years ago ....unbelievable but the idiots will be happy ... is it really the first time in eight years we will be able to witness the 'great' Joshua off a PPV platform .....who did he beat again??? ...'that ain't no April the fools day joke' !
          You are aware Fury just fought that guy Joshua knocked out in 2015 and that was a title fight and one of fury’s better names on his resume ,you know that guy Whyte ? I didn’t hear you complain when Whyte fought Fury ? In fact you bragged how much money it was generating the main event and how well it was going to do at the live gate .

But somehow a guy you claimed was robbed against Whyte which actually makes Franklin a better win over Whyte in your world is a bad fight now ? This really shows how dumb posters on here are ,keep up the good work,.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

You are aware Fury just fought that guy Joshua knocked out in 2015 and that was a title fight and one of fury’s better names on his resume ,you know that guy Whyte ? I didn’t hear you complain when Whyte fought Fury ? In fact you bragged how much money it was generating the main event and how well it was going to do at the live gate .

But somehow a guy you claimed was robbed against Whyte which actually makes Franklin a better win over Whyte in your world is a bad fight now ? This really shows how dumb posters on here are ,keep up the good work,.
            You are aware (I'm not sure you actually are) that the guy that Tyson fought and wasted in six rounds was the mandatory contender and the guy he gave a payday to as a warm up for a undisputed fight with Usyk in April was just that a warm up. Whyte fought life and death with a nobody and was lucky to get the decision but the nobody , the loser gets to fight your hero , doesn't that send warning signals to your little pockets? Had Joshua not have had a breakdown and made a complete chunt of himself or not have bottled it like he did against Fury he would have been in with a fighters chance of being in that undisputed fight he says he longs for and would have had my support .Instead , after a career best , be it losing performance he is fighting , at nearly 34 a confidence builder against a guy that only has Whyte on his record and a loss at that ...now stop bothering real boxing people and wise up.

Comment

This is a sensible fight for AJ. As long as he takes a hard fight if he wins this. It's not like Tyson "Two top-10 opponents in SEVEN years" Fury. AJ has just come off Usyk, Pulev, Ruiz, Povetkin, Parker AND tried to make 2 Tyson Fury fights which Fury pulled out of.

Not sure about Joshua changing his trainer every fight though. What is he doing?? For my money Usyk was just better than him. He didn't do much wrong.
              Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 02-06-2023, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post

You are aware (I'm not sure you actually are) that the guy that Tyson fought and wasted in six rounds was the mandatory contender and the guy he gave a payday to as a warm up for a undisputed fight with Usyk in April was just that a warm up. Whyte fought life and death with a nobody and was lucky to get the decision but the nobody , the loser gets to fight your hero , doesn't that send warning signals to your little pockets? Had Joshua not have had a breakdown and made a complete chunt of himself or not have bottled it like he did against Fury he would have been in with a fighters chance of being in that undisputed fight he says he longs for and would have had my support .Instead , after a career best , be it losing performance he is fighting , at nearly 34 a confidence builder against a guy that only has Whyte on his record and a loss at that ...now stop bothering real boxing people and wise up.
                You were just complaining about fighting someone after taking losses ? Let me ask you this clown ,was Chisora a mandatory because I could swear Fury fought that guy after Parker defeated him and Whyte who defeated Chisora twice ? And Fury defeated Chisora twice prior to that how does that work that the actual champion gets to fight opponents Whyte defeated but Joshua can’t fight guys you claimed was robbed ? Your a clown let’s just accept that fact you make no sense at all everyday on here .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-06-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

This Joshua business is embarrassing and the idiots who protect this are just as bad. People said that Frank Bruno was protected and after the near disaster with Jumbo Cummings and that night in the tenth against unknown Bonecrusher Smith at Wembley Arena it really was back to the drawing board but unlike mega protected Joshua ,Bruno fought some of the most fearsome names in boxing , Lewis , Mike Tyson twice , Oliver McCall and Tim Witherspoon all of which would destroy over rated Anthony Joshua ...in answer to this , simply tell me who Anthony Joshua has beaten????

Comment

Not sure what to think about this. Seems like AJ is changing trainers like I change underwear at this point. I get he needs a motivational fight which is fine but he needs to iron out the kinks before getting another title shot. AJ is looking more and more like Frank Bruno or Michael Grant at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X