Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: An Epic Display Of Heart From Amanda Serrano And Erika Cruz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: An Epic Display Of Heart From Amanda Serrano And Erika Cruz

By Corey Erdman - Either Amanda Serrano is impossibly nice, particularly for a woman who throws her fists at her opponents with greater regularity per round than any other in the sport, or she knew that Erika Cruz was going to give her a tougher test than many people were expecting.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Amanda Serrano is a great human being, no brag, no exaggeration, just a matter of fact.

Comment

Cruz was supposed to get stopped easily yet it was a super Close fight that could have gone either way and if not for that huge cut Cruz would have taken that fight.

Too bad the score cards were already filled out before the fight even started.

Comment

I hardly watch women boxing and stick to some highlights now and then, as with this one
        When two fighters are bleeding and won't stop coming forward and throwing it's automatically called a great fight.
        I am only interested in technical skills and most fights I see are just horrible.
        Just keep walking forward and keep punching, that's it.

- absolutely zero defense
        - throwing the same punches over and over again
        - no (apparent) tactical thinking
        - no in and out, no lateral movement
        - no distance control
        - footwork is the worst (Cruz stepped forward with every jab and then stepped back, bringing her front foot BESIDE her backfoot. She did this time and time again. She hasn't mastered what is taught on day 1 in a boxing gym)
        It's just who throws and hopefully lands the most.

Not a fan, as you can tell.
        Maybe there are fighters out there that are different, I just haven't seen it yet

Comment

I was there live.. was nothing great about it.. headbutt queen Serrano think she’s Canelo.. no power tho

Comment

That was an entertaining fight regardless what the haters are saying. Cruz was out gunned and out skilled and kept coming and even harder when she was hurt. The bloody mess made it more dramatic.
            MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectJab View Post
              I hardly watch women boxing and stick to some highlights now and then, as with this one
              When two fighters are bleeding and won't stop coming forward and throwing it's automatically called a great fight.
              I am only interested in technical skills and most fights I see are just horrible.
              Just keep walking forward and keep punching, that's it.;
              On top of that, there's just something obscene about women engaged in combat sports. God made the ruggedness of manhood for the purpose of protecting women.

Comment

Serrano's going to have to knock Taylor out, or at least down a few times, because it will be extremely difficult to get a decision in Ireland. Baumgardner might as well start training for the winner to make sure she has her stamina up to par.

Comment

I watched it twice and I still have to give it to the coward serrano. Though unlike the gob****es on boxing scene I'm once again proven correct, serrano doesn't have power, at least not at 135 so she will lose again to Katie. Katie has a unbelievable granite chin. I would have preferred Katie gave the Dublin fight to Mikaela mayer as Irish fans know who she is, unfortunately only extreme boxing fans in Ireland know the coward. Taylor v mayer is a much bigger fight. Anyway it will be another win for Katie against the coward serrano.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                    Cruz was supposed to get stopped easily yet it was a super Close fight that could have gone either way and if not for that huge cut Cruz would have taken that fight.

Too bad the score cards were already filled out before the fight even started.
                    I had Cruz by a round but when the judges cards were read, I snapped back to reality and remembered boxing is fixed and got angry. I wouldnt have been too upset by a draw or a close loss.

And punchstats are so full of crap. I've gone through many whole fights before on slow motion counting clean shots and comparing them to the punchstats. Punchstats is far from reality. Plus it's amazing to me how hard the announcers try to sway the opinions of boxing fans with their favoritism. It's gross. How many fights you seen where the non house fighter lands a bunch of clean shots and the announcers ignore it and tell you the A side is the one landing all the punches. They jedi mind wipe it away and say the A-side is dominating this round. And yes, I actually do suspect the judges come in with a pre-filled in card because they dont even throw you a bone. It's just so one sided. They know the punchstats and announcers are also in on the house fighter to back them up.
                    In short, punchstats are rigged and the announcers use it to back up the fix.
                    Last edited by Wacked_Out; 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X