Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Beterbiev Praises Yarde: This Guy Was More Resistant Than All of Beterbiev's Past Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Beterbiev Praises Yarde: This Guy Was More Resistant Than All of Beterbiev's Past Opponents

Not even members from Artur Beterbiev's own team were going to be tight-lipped when it came to Anthony Yarde's ambitious efforts last Saturday night in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Upon rewatch and by my own estimation, Beterbiev was never in any real danger and was comfortably ahead on points. Those judges were looking to rob him. Yarde was durable, but there are levels.
    Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      Upon rewatch and by my own estimation, Beterbiev was never in any real danger and was comfortably ahead on points. Those judges were looking to rob him. Yarde was durable, but there are levels.
      Quick, call for an enquiry! Even better put together your 270 page argument and submit it to the WBC!

Comment

It was a see saw battle. Yarde didn't do bad at all.

Comment

Should be Russ Anber, not Abner

Comment

Don't think Beterbiev was comfortably ahead, I thought every round was close. Problems for Yarde were Beterbiev's granite chin, his great command of distance & that he just kept carrying the fight along at a quicker pace than Yarde would've wanted. If Yarde can lay off the weights & come in a bit less heavy muscled then that will aid his stamina in future.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I have no real problem with Yarde being ahead at the time of the KO. Yarde was a little quicker to the punch in most rounds, and Beterbiev was wide open defensively. Maybe the loosest I have ever seen him.

I do think even if Yarde had not been KO'd, Beterbiev would have won. He was commanding the ring, and had truly figured out Yarde's timing. He was steering Yarde into the corner and into the ropes consistently, nailing 2-4 combo's on him. Yarde came in ready to go and really tested Beterbiev. If nothing else, it will show his team that Beterbiev needs some work ahaed of a possible unification match.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
                Should be Russ Anber, not Abner
                Yes, I didn’t expect the writer to continually misspell Anber’s last name. I don’t think he even knew anything about Russ Anber, judging from how he spelled his name wrong, over and over again.

Comment

Good fight. Yarde was a warrior.

Comment

Better showing than I expected from Yarde but never a doubt that Beterbiev would catch him
                    Slowly breaking him down and then nightly night

Comment

Working...
                    X