Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor-Amanda Serrano Rematch Announced For May 20 In Dublin, Venue TBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor-Amanda Serrano Rematch Announced For May 20 In Dublin, Venue TBA

NEW YORK - Now that Amanda Serrano has handled her business with Erika Cruz, the seven-division champion can focus on the career-defining fight that awaits her. Promoter Eddie Hearn announced in the ring after Serrano defeated Cruz by unanimous decision that the new
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zero chance Serrano wins a decision in Ireland

Either way, it won't matter because Taylor will make adjustments and win more convincingly this time. I still thought Serrano won the first fight despite her not capitalizing on the many opportunities she had to stop Taylor

BTW, when are they going to do 3 min rounds? This actually benefits Serrano

Comment

BIG respect to queens Serrano & Katie but we ALL know she has NO chances of a decision in Europe. Honestly the crowd was amazing and 50-50 in New York .. why change?? Amanda IMO
      won the first fight but history may suggest she’s 0-2 barring a KO …
      Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrowbackBoxing View Post
        BIG respect to queens Serrano & Katie but we ALL know she has NO chances of a decision in Europe. Honestly the crowd was amazing and 50-50 in New York .. why change?? Amanda IMO
        won the first fight but history may suggest she’s 0-2 barring a KO …
        That crowd wasn’t 50-50 and the Irish are a powerful ethnic minority in the USA.

Comment

I think Serrano stops her proper this time around. That's probably the only one she can win in Ireland anyway

Comment

Serrano will fully be aware she aint winning a decision. To those stating why shes accepted the fight in Ireland, shes 34 and this fight is her only mega payday out there, why wouldnt she, even if she gets robbed she aint going to be in the sport for too long after, least she was part of the biggest womens boxing events to date with a phat paycheck to go with it. Having said all that, she also knows she can hurt Taylor so most likely will work on strength to finish the job this time around if and when the opportunity arises come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
              I think Serrano stops her proper this time around. That's probably the only one she can win in Ireland anyway
              Serrano doesn't have that type of power to stop Taylor. I was wrong in thinking she would the first time, but I didnt see a robbery. She had Taylor out of there and let her back in the fight as she had no real game plan just marching forward allowing Taylor to clinch.
              Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

50/50. More like 80/20 to the Irish. Everybody knows Puerto Rican people don't pay for boxing.

Comment

If we look back historically, the better technical counterpuncher usually has more success in the rematch. I thought Katie had a terrible gameplan but still won the first fight 6-4 or 7-3. I see her winning a wider decision this time. Much respect to Amanda but Katie is the GWOAT.
                  britsout britsout likes this.

Comment

Great news. And awesome for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X