Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Wilson Feels Navarrete Got Long Count: I'll Review It, See What Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Wilson Feels Navarrete Got Long Count: I'll Review It, See What Happens

Emanuel "El Vaquero" Navarrete visited the canvas, but he got back up to become a three-division world champion. Navarrete (37-1, 31 KOs) captured the vacant WBO junior lightweight world title with a hard-earned ninth-round technical knockout victory against Liam Wilson (11-2, 7 KOs) Friday night at Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

" . . . but no excuses."

Whilst pointing out it's his 12th fight.

And complaining about the scales
    And about the count.

But no excuses.

Comment

He should stay in America and learn how to box

Comment

Not sure about the count but the ref gave Navarette too much time to recover, much more than he did Wilson.
        Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

ref definitely gave Navarrete extra time to put his mouthpiece in
          Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

Excuses, Excuses.... He got up quickly, the mouth piece situation happens in boxing all the time. The ref either could of let Navarrate put it in himself, which he did, or let his corner put it in, which would of probably took longer, the ref did the right thing, regardless of the situation, the mouth piece has to be in your mouth before you fight, it's the rules. Why doesn't Liam talk about how Navarrate was still extremely hurt when the action continued, including part of the following round where Navarrate was clearly hurt and he didn't get the job done, is that the refs fault too? Take that you got KTFO like a man...

Comment

Navarrete definitaly bought time spitting his mouth piece and having all sorts of fake problems to put it back on ... Also, I'd have to re-watch the 4th round but I thought I saw Navarrete put his glove down on the floor just before the Bell... Those 20+ secs with the mouth piece BS surely helped him surviving the 4th round ... Now, William showed heart, but let's be real here...
              real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Go back retroactively and take a point but it still won't change the outcome.

Comment

Just watched, he went down at 47 & the fight resumed at 21, 26 seconds to recover, who know's what Wilson could have done with that time.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                    ref definitely gave Navarrete extra time to put his mouthpiece in
                    He did and he got pissed off too because he thought the ref was going to send him to his corner to get it wiped down first buying him even more time lol.

Would've been interesting had Valdez not gotten injured,he very well mightve sparked Navarrete out.

Comment

Working...
                    X