Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Wilson: I Think Navarrete's Come In Overweight And They Tampered With The Scales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Wilson: I Think Navarrete's Come In Overweight And They Tampered With The Scales

Liam Wilson plans to have answers for everything Emanuel Navarrete brings into the ring. For now, his team demands answers for everything that happened at the scales. The visiting Australian contender was stunned at his announced weight of 126.3 pounds during Thursday's official pre-fight weigh-in. Navarrete stepped on the same scale at 129.2 pounds under the supervision of the Arizona Boxing & MMA Commission ahead of their vacant WBO junior lightweight title fight at Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona (Friday, ESPN, 10:00 p.m. ET).
    [Click Here To Read More]

That sounds likely. I remember that happened to a US fighter in, I think, Italy. The scales had him at 157.5 & he said 'I haven't been 157 for, like, 12 years, I know I was bang on 160'. I think it could'a been Iran Barkley just from memory. Pretty clearly, Wilson was 129 & Navarette came in over at 132 & they just screwed the scales & screwed Wilson!
    BritJimbo BritJimbo likes this.

Comment

I hope this Aussie comes to fight and doesn't use this as a reason to quit.

Comment

This Bob arum is a scumbag. MF should just Past away ....

Comment

BS just another loud mouth cry baby aussie.

You're dumbass probably over trained.

Comment

Even if it happened, good luck trying to prove it.

Comment

He’s probably spot on correct. There are no titles at stake. It is what it is. He looks in better shape. He has an opportunity to right the wrong. Get in there and do your job!
              Sctrojan Sctrojan likes this.

Comment

You're dumbass probably over trained.Yeah, a professional boxer who has spent his career at 130 lost track & kept over-training til he was almost at the division below, not considering tapering down at any time. Sounds likely doesn't it? By contrast, Liam trained hard to get well within the weight at 129.3. Was astonished to find at weigh-in that he was 126.3, allowing his highly-favoured & highly backed opponent to come in within 130. That sounds a lot more plausible to me Regge.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  I hope this Aussie comes to fight and doesn't use this as a reason to quit.
                  He will go out on his shield, he has only had 11 fights so he will have a hard time winning on ability he can fight though although a bit orthodox straight up and down, but he is an aussie and they come to fight, I expect a lively fight for how long it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                    BS just another loud mouth cry baby aussie.

You're dumbass probably over trained.
                    Youre an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                    X