Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga To Decide Soon Between Offers From De La Hoya, Haymon, Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga To Decide Soon Between Offers From De La Hoya, Haymon, Hearn

NEW YORK - Edgar Berlanga has been presented with three appealing options a couple weeks after he parted ways with longtime promoter Top Rank Inc. Berlanga and his manager, Keith Connolly, informed BoxingScene.com that Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions,
    [Click Here To Read More]

This dude ain’t effin Lebron LOLLLL

Make a decision or don’t make a decision LOL WHO CARES..

Life goes on..

Comment

He held a press conference to announce that he had nothing to announce?

Comment

Berlanga isn’t very good tbh. PBC will feed him to Morrell or Benavidez/Plant, GBP will just feed him to Munguia, Matchroom possibly continue to inflate his record and then feed him to Canelo but I think someone like Ryder/Akhmedov will end up upsetting him first if that’s the plan.

Comment

This dude that don't look like he is going to have a real productive future has multiple offers. When Crawford became a free agent not even one promoter went after him.

Suing your former promotional company for racism after getting over paid will scare suitors off.

Comment

This is so crazy. This guy is just being used for a cherry pick by these promoters. This guy is not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Berlanga isn’t very good tbh. PBC will feed him to Morrell or Benavidez/Plant, GBP will just feed him to Munguia, Matchroom possibly continue to inflate his record and then feed him to Canelo but I think someone like Ryder/Akhmedov will end up upsetting him first if that’s the plan.
              In terms of his pocket book, I think the matchroom offer may be his best as you’re right, he sounds like he will be fed to Canelo after a few padded fights against an assortment of Barnsley bin men. Question is, by the time he would get the Canelo fight, how much of a draw and money maker will Canelo still be?
              1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

In terms of his pocket book, I think the matchroom offer may be his best as you’re right, he sounds like he will be fed to Canelo after a few padded fights against an assortment of Barnsley bin men. Question is, by the time he would get the Canelo fight, how much of a draw and money maker will Canelo still be?
                He’s gonna be hard to match, I mean the likes of Coceres and Rolls gave him problems so how do you step him up without exposing him further.

It’ll be interesting to see how much a potential second loss to Bivol will hurt Canelo’s star power. The GGG 3 numbers were poor in comparison to fights 1 and 2 so you could argue the first loss has hurt him already, but that could be due to GGG’s decline and also a a much lesser platform in DAZN compared to HBO.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

If he thinks Arum was moving him slowly, wait till he sees what Oscar does if he signs with him like he did Mungui being moved slowly. Berlanga wants to move fast but Oscar would move him slow too. But there is not much room to put him against non-threats because he will be expected to make a promoter some immediate money. I see Berlanga facing a setup and then being shocked in an upset.
                  Last edited by richardt; 02-03-2023, 10:05 AM.

Comment

So I see a funky situation brewing...if Berlanga goes:

Golden Boy could be Berlanga vs Zurdo

Eddie Hearn: Berlanga vs a slew of rematches against Luke Keeler, Rocky Fielding and Billy Joe Saunders

PBC Haymon: Berlanga vs all career ending fights
                    BritJimbo BritJimbo jo3 jo3 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X