Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Navarrete Makes Weight, Wilson Well Under Limit For WBO 130-Pound Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Navarrete Makes Weight, Wilson Well Under Limit For WBO 130-Pound Title Fight

Emanuel Navarrete insisted prior to fight week that he is not yet done with the featherweight division. That said, the 28-year-old Mexican looked comfortable at Thursday's weigh-in ahead of his bid to become a three-division titlist. Navarrete was 129.2 pounds for his scheduled twelve-round fight with Australia's Liam Wilson, who checked in at a career-light 126.3 pounds for his U.S. debut.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-02-2023, 08:08 PM.

Wilson at 126.3 should probably fight at featherweight. At 5/9 1/2" that's almost a freak.

Comment

Navarrete is safe at 130 where Luiz Alberto Lopez can't lay hands on him.

Comment

I have lost interest on Navarette. I want to see him lose now, like cherrypick gone wrong type of losing. This is the only way you can enjoy boxing nowadays. Hope for upsets. Let all of them do the same thing cherrypicking fights. I no longer care. Look at Ennis. He ended up struggling for 12 hard rounds. And so boxing is not all dead for me. Let them say inactive and rot and cherrypick fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
          Navarrete is safe at 130 where Luiz Alberto Lopez can't lay hands on him.
          Not sure about that, Navarrete would rag doll Lopez like he did with Dogboe due to the sheer size difference.

Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

I have no interest in Navarrete at this point. Since beating Dogboe he has fought handpicked foes. No ambition to prove himself against the best.
            tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Lol why is everyone acting like Navarrete didn't sign to fight Oscar Valdez? It's not his fault Valdez got injured he is just keeping active.

Comment

Originally posted by Escorpion View Post

Not sure about that, Navarrete would rag doll Lopez like he did with Dogboe due to the sheer size difference.
                You obviously don't know who Lopez is. He did work at 130, beating Gabriel Flores Jr. and Andy Vences there. He'd handle Navarrete's crude style with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

You obviously don't know who Lopez is. He did work at 130, beating Gabriel Flores Jr. and Andy Vences there. He'd handle Navarrete's crude style with ease.
                  No I am pretty sure I know who Lopez is, he debuted late at 23 years old having a rocky start by fighting above his weight class and losing to a highly touted amateur in Ruben Villa, then pulled upset after upset, derailing a prospect and a weight bully. He also won against Warrington a world champion.

Being that said I don't think he skilled enough to time Navarrete who overwhelmed a technical operator in Villa nor do I think he can handle the sheer size difference against an elite contender. To beat Navarrete, the one with the best odds would probably be Rey Vargas who just defeated Magsayo.

Too bad he left the division when things were just heating up with Fulton, Lara, Figueroa, Ramirez, Wood and Lopez entering the mix. But it seems he is unable to make 126 at this point considering his age and size, he was gassing in the middle rounds and outboxed against an unranked fighter in Baez.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 02-02-2023, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    Lol why is everyone acting like Navarrete didn't sign to fight Oscar Valdez? It's not his fault Valdez got injured he is just keeping active.
                    so what? Valdez is coming off two embarrassing losses to BBC fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X