No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Two More For Undisputed: February Preview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Two More For Undisputed: February Preview

The beginning of 2023 hasn't been without its highlights. The Artur Beterbiev-Anthony Yarde scrap is already on the board as a fight of the year contender and the Gervonta Davis-Hector Garcia show packed the house in Washington, DC.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t even consider undisputed an accomplishment in women’s boxing. The divisions are so shallow.

I think women’s boxing could really benefit from less titles and less weight classes. The original 8 with one title per weight class would really help the sport grow IMO.

UFC were smart enough to realise that which is why they only have 3 divisions, instead of the 8 the men have. It ensures quality control.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I don’t even consider undisputed an accomplishment in women’s boxing. The divisions are so shallow.

I think women’s boxing could really benefit from less titles and less weight classes. The original 8 with one title per weight class would really help the sport grow IMO.

UFC were smart enough to realise that which is why they only have 3 divisions, instead of the 8 the men have. It ensures quality control.
      I agree, undisputed is not as big an accomplishment when the field is so shallow.

But at least there is only one world champion in those 5 divisions for the women. That should create some lineages going forward which is a good thing.

Comment

Predictions
        Winners
        Vargas
        Navararette
        Lara
        and
        Ponce

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I agree, undisputed is not as big an accomplishment when the field is so shallow.

But at least there is only one world champion in those 5 divisions for the women. That should create some lineages going forward which is a good thing.
          Yeah I’d like to see them create a singular undisputed championship and ditch the ABC versions. Obviously will never happen but I think it would really help women’s boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah I’d like to see them create a singular undisputed championship and ditch the ABC versions. Obviously will never happen but I think it would really help women’s boxing.
            If they give out a Ring belt to those 5 unified women's champions that could be a way to do it.

The thing I hate is that usually when someone unifies all the belts they move to another division and never defend. So the belts get broken up again.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-02-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

If they give out a Ring belt to those 5 unified women's champions that could be a way to do it.

The thing I hate is that usually when someone unifies all the belts they move to another division and never defend. So the belts get broken up again.
              Good idea. You’d need the stars like Shields, Taylor etc to essentially bin the ABC belts and say we’re just defending this belt now.

I’m not really a fan of women’s boxing, mainly because I think the standard of fights are generally not TV worthy but it’s obviously here to stay and I can get behind fights like Shields-Marshall, Taylor-Persoon, Baumgardner-Mayer etc were it’s two girls who’s skill levels we respect. All those fighters are championship level however you get far too many girls holding belts who couldn’t win a national amateur title. Women’s boxing needs to find a way to ensure the standard of a champion is that of a Shields or a Jonas or a Cameron etc.

Comment

Working...
              X