Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev-Thabiso Mchunu Semifinal Title Eliminator Ordered By WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev-Thabiso Mchunu Semifinal Title Eliminator Ordered By WBC

Sergey Kovalev has taken the next step in his quest to become a two-division titlist. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBC has ordered a cruiserweight semifinal eliminator between Russia's Kovalev and South Africa's Thabiso Mchunu. The two sides have until February 24 to reach terms for a proposed fight in which the winner will become the number-two contender in the WBC cruiserweight rankings.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kovalev is done. He definitely shouldn't be fighting much less at fvkcing cruiserweight

Comment

Kovalev can fight for a WBC title eliminator, but Bivol can't fight against Beterbiev and his WBC belt???? Give me a break. Sulaiman is salty Bivol schooled his golden goose

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle SneakyTouch View Post
        Kovalev is done. He definitely shouldn't be fighting much less at fvkcing cruiserweight
        The bet here is that the talent pool is not great.
        The fighters at Cruiserweight are older and slower.
        And the deep talent pool has moved on or semi-retired.
        I say Kovalev has a better shot at a title here than at 175.

Comment

I really didn’t know Makabu had 22 losses
          Someone should really double check these articles
          Kovi might give it a run but he’s definitely done as toast imo

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle SneakyTouch View Post
            This should be it for Kovalev. Hard to see any other result than a Mchunu KO. Hopefully he can pull it off though.

Comment

Originally posted by KrusherStan View Post
              Kovalev can fight for a WBC title eliminator, but Bivol can't fight against Beterbiev and his WBC belt???? Give me a break. Sulaiman is salty Bivol schooled his golden goose
              WBC stands for We Back Clenelo

Comment

I thought he had retired.

Comment

I thought he had retired.

Comment

Damn I didn't even know he was still fighting. That's a fucking hard fight especially at 40 years old. Respect to him for taking on the challenge.

Comment

Working...
                    X