Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alen Babic-Lukasz Rozanski: KO Promotions Wins Purse Bid For WBC Bridgerweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alen Babic-Lukasz Rozanski: KO Promotions Wins Purse Bid For WBC Bridgerweight Title Fight

Alen Babic faces a potential road trip for his first major title fight. KnockOut (KO) Promotions secured the rights to the vacant WBC Bridgerweight title fight between Croatia's Babic and Poland's Lukasz Rozanski, posting $425,000 during a purse bid hearing held Tuesday afternoon in Mexico City. The Warsaw, Poland-headquartered company--who promotes Rozanski--outbid Matchroom Boxing ($325,000), Babic's career-long promoter, during the session which took place during the WBC's weekly 'Martes de Cafe' meeting. A firm date was not available as this goes to publication, though KO Promotions was adamant about providing Rozanski with a hometown title fight. Babic and Rozanski are entitled to $191,250 each from an even 50/50 split as the two highest ranked contenders. The remaining $42,500 will go the winner as a ten-percent win bonus held in escrow by the WBC.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-31-2023, 08:44 PM.

Matchroom literally cannot win a purse bid.

How the hell have they lost this one?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Lol you can say old Eddie has his head up in the Skye and is a bit preoccupied at the moment.

RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        Lol you can say old Eddie has his head up in the Skye and is a bit preoccupied at the moment.
        I thought they were nailed on to win this one. I’ve never even heard of this Polish outfit.

As you say maybe the nailing is the problem.
        Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

What was the split? Even if they'd bid £300k, they'd have still lost pretty handsomely - I wouldn't want to be paying that personally. Just saw that it's not an eliminator and it's for the actual title though ... maybe makes it more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

What was the split? Even if they'd bid £300k, they'd have still lost pretty handsomely - I wouldn't want to be paying that personally. Just saw that it's not an eliminator and it's for the actual title though ... maybe makes it more interesting.
            I’m not sure tbh, not really been following the Bridgerweight stuff. Babic is #1 isn’t he? So surely they were in the driving seat.

Comment

I’m not sure tbh, not really been following the Bridgerweight stuff. Babic is #1 isn’t he? So surely they were in the driving seat.
              True, and it's a title fight so they deffo could have put it at least co-main, but realistically you're looking at paying Rozanski 150k. Presume they're hoping he wins and then the next fight with Merhy or Lerena might do better.

Comment

Should be a highly entertaining brawl, will be tuning in for sure.

Comment

Hearn switching to female boxing only.

Comment

Babic the Ape with gloves is like a train wreck that will happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X