Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: Only Way I'm Moving Up Again Is For Katie Taylor Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: Only Way I'm Moving Up Again Is For Katie Taylor Rematch

By Jake Donovan - Amanda Serrano is content with the history already achieved in her move through seven weight divisions. With a win on Saturday, there is only one fight left that will get the Puerto Rican star to abandon the featherweight division--a lucrative rematch with undisputed lightweight champion Katie Taylor. Beyond that, the plan is clear for Serrano--to not only become the undisputed featherweight champion but defend that crown through the rest of her storied career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't like this statement.
    Because what this effectively means is:
    No fights with the new girls like Baumgardner and Mayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post
      I don't like this statement.
      Because what this effectively means is:
      No fights with the new girls like Baumgardner and Mayer.
      I don't like the statement, because that mean's that she'll be jumping up two weight classes which can diminish her effectiveness.
      She should move up one weight class at a time, fight the winner of Baumgardner vs Mekhaled, then a fight against a ranked 135 pound fighter.
      Then she'll give herself the best chance at taking Katie Taylor's undefeated record, and championship title's.
      It doesn't sound like she plans on going that route, and risk possibly losing out on the biggest payday in her career.
      I understand her plan, and respect her decision, as far as her staying in the featherweight division where she's the best judge of what's best for her.
      She's a seven weight world champion, that's the most in the history of female boxing, with a 43-2-1 (30 KO's) record no other female has compiled those number's.
      But she's been at it for 14 year's now, and at 34 her face is looking older, a bit tired, and she's been gassing out in her last two fight's (I don't want to see her get hurt).
      She's been a great champion, role model, and ambassador for the sport, she deserves to retire with honor, dignity, and all of her scruple's intact.

Comment

I think they should just scissor or something

Comment

This coward has no shame.

Comment

Serrano is about taking as little risk as possible until/unless another money fight with Taylor is made. And even if it is, Serrano has already shown she’s not that bothered whether she wins or loses against Taylor just as long as the check clears. She’s in cash-out mode, which is fine for her but all the more reason not to really care what she does in her remaining fights.
            Last edited by Roj; 01-31-2023, 02:29 PM.
            real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I don't like the statement, because that mean's that she'll be jumping up two weight classes which can diminish her effectiveness.
              She should move up one weight class at a time, fight the winner of Baumgardner vs Mekhaled, then a fight against a ranked 135 pound fighter.
              Then she'll give herself the best chance at taking Katie Taylor's undefeated record, and championship title's.
              It doesn't sound like she plans on going that route, and risk possibly losing out on the biggest payday in her career.
              I understand her plan, and respect her decision, as far as her staying in the featherweight division where she's the best judge of what's best for her.
              She's a seven weight world champion, that's the most in the history of female boxing, with a 43-2-1 (30 KO's) record no other female has compiled those number's.
              But she's been at it for 14 year's now, and at 34 her face is looking older, a bit tired, and she's been gassing out in her last two fight's (I don't want to see her get hurt).
              She's been a great champion, role model, and ambassador for the sport, she deserves to retire with honor, dignity, and all of her scruple's intact.
              She's fought above 135 already.
              That's how she got to world titles in 7 weight classes.
              Judging by how she almost beat Taylor before,
              Serrano doesn't need any more warm-ups.
              It's time to swing for it now l before aging.
              I just hope she faces some of the rising American talent before she retires.
              Baumgardner would be a firecracker of a fight for Serrano.

Comment

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post

She's fought above 135 already.
                That's how she got to world titles in 7 weight classes.
                Judging by how she almost beat Taylor before,
                Serrano doesn't need any more warm-ups.
                It's time to swing for it now l before aging.
                I just hope she faces some of the rising American talent before she retires.
                Baumgardner would be a fire******* of a fight for Serrano.
                She's actually fought as high as 138 1/2, on 9/8/2018, and then in her next fight dropped 24 1/4 pounds to fight at her lowest weight of 114 1/4, on 1/18/2019.
                We have a difference of opinion, but this one of those times that I can be wrong, because it's Serrano herself whose said she'll only move up to fight Taylor.
                She'll basically be doing it to beat Taylor, to correct the injustice of her lost to Taylor, and of course for the biggest payday that she'll probably ever make, unless their's a third fight between them.

Comment

Working...
                X