Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Says He Will Talk To Arum About Making Anthony Yarde-Joe Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren Says He Will Talk To Arum About Making Anthony Yarde-Joe Smith

Promoter Frank Warren believes Anthony Yarde would have been crowned a world champion if his opponent last Saturday night in London went by the name of, say, Joe Smith Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Puzzled why Warren never pushed Callum Johnson the way he has supported Yarde.

On the subject of a fight with Smith Jr - providing that beat down off Beterbiev hasn't ruined him - I'd take him to stop Yarde.

Comment

Smith hits like a donkey kick. He will spark Yarde out.

Comment

Put it on ESPN+. I will watch it for sure.
        Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Silly analysis….that’s like saying “If my next door neighbor, who is a Plumber was champion, Yarde would have beat him!” Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda…the fact is, he LOST, he did well but he lost the fight, no IF’s or BUT’s.
          sidefx996 sidefx996 likes this.

Comment

A fair point, perhaps Yarde would beat Joe. Smith lasted less than two rounds against Beterbiev, if I'm correct, not four rounds, as this article stated.

Comment

I recently read that Beterbiev had retired Smith, maybe Warren did get the memo (read the post).
              If Smith hasn't been retired by Beterbiev, there's a good chance that Yarde will show Smith the way.
              Although I believe that it should turn out to be a contested fight early, further on into the fight Yarde will rock, drop, and stop Joe.
              Due to his his quicker hands, better power, younger age, and having fought fewer pitched battle's throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                A fair point, perhaps Yarde would beat Joe. Smith lasted less than two rounds against Beterbiev, if I'm correct, not four rounds, as this article stated.
                That is true and it was a beat down and a half that Joe Jr. got from Better. Lot of moving parts and a lot to consider about that fight if it were to materialize. Is it a real tough fight for Yarde ? could be or it could be a way of leaving Joe Jr. exposed again. Depends on a lot of things how Joe dealt with his last loss and how Yarde deals with his last loss. I scanned the article did they say four rounds ? They or he or she should know better. Anyhow lets keep the match ups coming in all the weight classes. Had about three good fights this weekend with some people finding out that are not who people thought they were. that is the fight game.

Comment

It was a great effort from Yarde. Curious though how come I don't remember everyone riding Luis Ortiz's **** like this after he (and more convincingly than Yarde) won almost every round in his second fight vs Wilder until he got knocked out. I get they're trying to promote this guy but between the unbearable English commentators and Frank Warren they're acting like Yarde cured cancer because he put up a good fight and didn't get knocked out until several rounds after everyone figured he would. Frank Warren can conjure up all the pie-in-the-sky 8ull**** and you can paint it any color you want, but the fact remains that while he may not be the greatest who even laced up gloves, Joe Smith Jr. was a World Champion and as of yet Yarde still isn't.
                  Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
                    It was a great effort from Yarde. Curious though how come I don't remember everyone riding Luis Ortiz's **** like this after he (and more convincingly than Yarde) won almost every round in his second fight vs Wilder until he got knocked out. I get they're trying to promote this guy but between the unbearable English commentators and Frank Warren they're acting like Yarde cured cancer because he put up a good fight and didn't get knocked out until several rounds after everyone figured he would. Frank Warren can conjure up all the pie-in-the-sky 8ull**** and you can paint it any color you want, but the fact remains that while he may not be the greatest who even laced up gloves, Joe Smith Jr. was a World Champion and as of yet Yarde still isn't.
                    Beterbiev is a real fighter and a real champion. Winning most rounds against a fraud in Wilder is what many others had done. Wilder was not a real champion. Not once did he beat a world class fighter. So, which world was he champion of? Not the world of world class fighters.

Smith was never a champion either. He was dominated by Vlasov but got the horrible robbery decision. Yarde would smack the life out of Smith. Smith couldn't place an accurate shot or time it if his life depended on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X