Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yarde on Stoppage to Beterbiev: My Team Care About Me; They Saw Something I Didn't See

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yarde on Stoppage to Beterbiev: My Team Care About Me; They Saw Something I Didn't See

Anthony Yarde may have initially protested his corner's decision to throw in the towel during the eighth round of his hellacious war with Artur Beterbiev, but he was more than appreciative of that gesture after the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well, if you want to fight another day then it was the right call. If that was your last fight ever then maybe not stop it, but then again, maybe stopping it was best you can be too brave. You will have a life after boxing/

Comment

I think Tunde is a terrible coach who is completely unqualified but you have to give him credit for protecting his fighter. He was right on time with that stoppage or else Yarde would have been brutally knocked out. Kudos.
      Citizen Koba Citizen Koba Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

I thought yarde was looking to his corner after that first knockdown. His corner could probably see he'd had been gassing since the fourth round and he was done, just when Beterbiev was coming on strong. They definitely saved him.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

Respect to Yarde, he fought valiantly and if he had the proper coaching, he may have been able to capitalize on the moments that he really hurt Beterbiev. But with that said, Tunde did the right thing, as Artur had placed a bullseye on the back of Anthony's head, and was unloading on the target.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            I thought yarde was looking to his corner after that first knockdown. His corner could probably see he'd had been gassing since the fourth round and he was done, just when Beterbiev was coming on strong. They definitely saved him.
            I was about to say the same tok,
            Not taking anything away from the fight before the first knock down, but after he got up he walked back to his corner & gave his team that get me out of here look, plain as day.
            Tunde just followed order's & made the ref's job easier.

One big surprise for me, not a single shoulder roll from Yarde, though he needs to move on from Tunde, he's gone sideways for 5 year's fighting nobody's into belt shots.
            tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

I give Yarde a lot of credit for his performance. Of course he didn't want to lose, but he gave it everything.

I don't think he really protested the stoppage, because after the first knockdown he got up, looked at his corner, and it seemed as if it was a non verbal 'thats it, I'm done'.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like he was too hurt then to continue, and he didn't really want to continue.

Comment

It annoys me when people are saying Yarde did better than they thought - well Yarde did exactly as well as I thought he would do. He was disappointing - he put up a great fight (as I expected him to) and then when things got tough, he gave up.

This was an early stoppage. I see no reason for throwing in the towel - other than the way Yarde looked like he didn't want to carry on after he got knocked down. It looked like he wanted out. People say AJ quit against Ruiz - but AJ looked 1000% more committed to fighting on than Yarde looked here

UK fights are annoying as hell- full of early ref stoppages and when that doesn't happen - the fighters quit themselves!

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                One big surprise for me, not a single shoulder roll from Yarde, though he needs to move on from Tunde, he's gone sideways for 5 year's fighting nobody's into belt shots.
                ​I'm glad you said this - Yarde's defense was poor. He did nothing to evade shots or cover his head and he kept staying in the corner and getting beat on.
                Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 01-30-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  I think Tunde is a terrible coach who is completely unqualified but you have to give him credit for protecting his fighter. He was right on time with that stoppage or else Yarde would have been brutally knocked out. Kudos.
                  Agree. Didn't expect him to do it, was surprised but a great decision.
                  Good to see he isn't a Glenn Rushton...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectJab View Post

Agree. Didn't expect him to do it, was surprised but a great decision.
                    Good to see he isn't a Glenn Rushton...
                    I think he learn’t from the Kovalev fight. He sent Yarde out in the 11th when he had nothing left, this time he saved him from himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X