Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Berlanga: He Was Determined to Proceed at a Pace We Don't Think He's Ready For

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum on Berlanga: He Was Determined to Proceed at a Pace We Don't Think He's Ready For

Super middleweight Edgar Berlanga was too ambitious for his own good, according to his former promoter Bob Arum. That, apparently, was the biggest reason why Arum's Top Rank and Berlanga, the hard-hitting, popular Puerto Rican from Brooklyn, New York, decided to part ways a few weeks ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with TR here, but I probably would’ve cashed in before releasing him (assuming he’s not pricing himself out) put him in a PPV fight against a guy like manguia. If he loses, release him, which you were going to do anyways; but if he wins, you have a new Puerto Rican star.

Comment

I think Top Rank obviously saw that Berlanga was not looking like the huge star they hoped he'd become, like a Mike Tyson of the super middleweights.

They don't think he'd beat the likes of Canelo, Benavidez, Morrell and Plant.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
        I agree with TR here, but I probably would’ve cashed in before releasing him (assuming he’s not pricing himself out) put him in a PPV fight against a guy like manguia. If he loses, release him, which you were going to do anyways; but if he wins, you have a new Puerto Rican star.

This is actually a damn smart idea. Lol. Top Rank needs to hire you.

Him beating Mungia is definitely possible. Hell, even if it wouldn’t work on PPV you could have let him fight on DAZN outright and if he wins his name value is back up and you build off that. And if he loses, like you said, collect that one last rights fee for that fight and drop him when the check clears.
        chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Top Rank is so inconsistent.

This line:

“The key issue is he don’t wanna fight me he want the Big money to fight over the hill dudes like where now I’ll never fight em TRBoxing tried to force him into the fight he kept saying no,” [Jesse] Hart wrote on Twitter.
          So why is it that Arum was okay repeatedly doing that for Crawford but not Bumbanga? And yet Crawford claims that Arum is a racist despite that special treatment?
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Berlnaga has as much chance of beating Mungia as these posters. They're going to sign Berlanga to feed him to someone.
            Pharlapz Pharlapz pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
              Top Rank is so inconsistent.

This line:

So why is it that Arum was okay repeatedly doing that for Crawford but not Bumbanga? And yet Crawford claims that Arum is a racist despite that special treatment?
              Bud had a contract with a guaranteed minimum (I believe it was $3mil per fight) which obviously wasn’t a good investment for TR. they’re trying not to repeat the same mistake.

Comment

At least Arum is releasing guys now, and they don't have to sue to be released!

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                  I agree he still can make u $$$$ fighting in NYC during the PR parade

Comment

TR has a history of releasing fighters they think won't meet their prognostications.

Berlanga has a few promoters interested in him and Crawford has none.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X