Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Reflects On Loss To Beterbiev, Corner Stopping The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Reflects On Loss To Beterbiev, Corner Stopping The Fight

AFTER serving up eight thrilling rounds punctuated by some of the best light-heavyweight action London has ever seen, Artur Beterbiev and Anthony Yarde came face to face again in the bowels of the Wembley Arena once all the shouting had stopped.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Watched the interview this morning. Was pretty funny. likable dude

Comment

Yarde comes across well. It's easy to be frustrated that his promoters seemed to bypass lots of the potential domestic tests on the way to getting him shots at the world titles (eg. Buatsi, Johnson, European-level LHWs), and that may have meant he wasn't quite as well prepared as he should have been, but he can never be faulted for the effort in those challenges, gave us two great fights. Talented fighter, no doubt he got paid well, still has his facilities, and seems a thoughtful guy.

Get him in with Buatsi sometime at the end of this year, absolutely terrific domestic fight. Winner can go again at the world level post-Beterbiev I'm sure.
      Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

That was one hell of a firefight, Yarde did a whole lot better than I thought he would. He has nothing to be ashamed of he ran into one of the toughest fighter's to ever hold the light heavyweight title.
        That said he is very lucky that his corner stopped the fight, because Beterbiev was unloading some really heavy leather on him.

Comment

Big congrats to Yarde for putting up a brave and courageous fight!

After Yarde got up from the knock down it really looked like he was confused (maybe concussed and out of it). It looked like he didn’t want to continue. His team did him a great service by stopping the fight because it gives the impression that it wasn’t necessarily what Yarde wanted, but it really was. He looked to be in BIG trouble and he was a wounded dear at that point in the fight. Still, I was certain before the fight that Yarde wouldn’t be an easy victim and that he would go down fighting. He did himself proud, Great fight!
          Last edited by Damn Wicked; 01-29-2023, 06:35 PM.

Comment

There are good fights for Yarde at British & European level. It would be good for him to get some rounds in because his biggest weakness seems to be pacing himself. He looks to be in good shape &, so far as I know, he doesn't drink, smoke, or take drugs, at least not to excess, but he starts off like an express train & always winds up gassed. He's only 31 so if he picks up a couple of domestic wins he definitely can make one more run for a world title. Howard Winstone, Frank Bruno & George Groves are examples of being initially unsuccessful at world title level but not giving up.

Comment

I give full credit to Yarde. He came to win and made it very entertaining. Even though it was the expected outcome he made it a great fight to watch.
              Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 01-30-2023, 08:08 AM.
              eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Last point, while he isn't at the Errol Christie, Frank Bruno, AJ level of concern, I think Yarde is a bit too heavily muscled. I'd definitely like to see him stay away from doing weights before his next fight. Something for Tunde Ajayi.

Comment

Epic fight! Yarde has nothing to be ashamed of. Both men laid it all out there for the fans.

Comment

I commend both fighters for a war, but it should be noted that the shot behind the head dropped him and 2 more shots behind the head finished him

Comment

Working...
                    X