Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Felt He Was Just Getting Started When Yarde Stoppage Came

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Felt He Was Just Getting Started When Yarde Stoppage Came

Artur Beterbiev admitted he was not at his best during his eight-round shootout with Anthony Yarde. The WBO, WBC and IBF light heavyweight champion maintained his 100 per cent KO record by forcing Yarde's trainer, Tunde Ajayi, to request the end of the fight with 59 seconds left of the 8th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The way he was talking, you would assume he was fighting 15 rounds. That's gotta be a bit intimidating to know that he was just starting to warm up near the last third of the fight at his age. Conditioning musta been top notch. Even with father time slowly coming for him, still don't think Bivol is going to outbox him as easy as some folks think he will. Bivol might outbox him, but he's definitely gonna hafta walk thru hellfire to do it. Hopefully this one comes off sooner than later.
    MulaKO MulaKO eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Yarde was allowed to wear body armor to protect his midsection, had crooked UK judges and still lost yet another undeserved title fight. I am sure Frank Warren is already greasing crooked palms right now securing him another mando spot. If Yarde had to earn his spot and fight through other top 10 challengers he might actually learn something and improve.
      MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Why don’t people clamor for beterbiev bivol undisputed with the same energy as Spence Crawford?

Comment

Words on.marble.....I dont want to kill nobody...I just want to win...Arthur Berterbiev 2023
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by miked85 View Post
            Why don’t people clamor for beterbiev bivol undisputed with the same energy as Spence Crawford?
            coz theyre the causals who only knows the twitterweight and instagram divisions

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
              The way he was talking, you would assume he was fighting 15 rounds. That's gotta be a bit intimidating to know that he was just starting to warm up near the last third of the fight at his age. Conditioning musta been top notch. Even with father time slowly coming for him, still don't think Bivol is going to outbox him as easy as some folks think he will. Bivol might outbox him, but he's definitely gonna hafta walk thru hellfire to do it. Hopefully this one comes off sooner than later.
              I dont think beterbiev was slow that fight, yarde was just faster than everyone else he fought thats why hes taking hits

Comment

It was a good fight there was a lot of punches being thrown many landed and landed hard and on time. I posted that I hoped that the fight would go 7 rounds and Yarde would learn to take a punch. Well just that did happen and more, at the start I did not like Yarde at the start of his boxing carrer I am saying. He held his own, Better is a force to be reckoned with with power and a boxing mentality that has many skills some learned some born with. Yarde looked quick in the beginning rounds but not as powerful but damn if he did not have power. Better had a bit more power. Better is correct in his talk "Yarde gained experience not the win" I hope Yarde takes it that way and dont start acting like he could have won the fight, the fight was over when he hit the canvas nothing shameful just got beat. Better has several more fights in him when time catches up to him will be the factor and who he fights of course. Yarde has and should improve. it was a good fight a fight that should lead to more fights as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                  I agree with you Griever, anyone who fight's Beterbiev is going to be put through hell. A fight between Beterbiev, and Bivol isn't a guaranteed win for either of them.
                  That would be a hotly contested fight between the best two 175 pound fighter's in the division until the bitter end.
                  In his fight against Yarde it did look look like Beterbiev was just starting to get warmed up when Yarde's corner got on the ring apron to get the referee to stop the fight.
                  I mean Beterbiev was really starting to brutalize Yarde, with nonstop power punches from all angle's. It was really impressive to see this machine get busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I agree with you Griever, anyone who fight's Beterbiev is going to be put through hell. A fight between Beterbiev, and Bivol isn't a guaranteed win for either of them.
                    That would be a hotly contested fight between the best two 175 pound fighter's in the division until the bitter end.
                    In his fight against Yarde it did look look like Beterbiev was just starting to get warmed up when Yarde's corner got on the ring apron to get the referee to stop the fight.
                    I mean Beterbiev was really starting to brutalize Yarde, with nonstop power punches from all angle's. It was really impressive to see this machine get busy.
                    Agreed. That man's power is just something different. His technique just makes it that much more difficult to deal with. He is a danger for all 12 rounds of a fight. Canelo is Bivol's biggest win, but Beterbiev will be his biggest test.

Comment

Working...
                    X