Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev: Yarde Punches Hard, He Has Time, I Hope He Does Well In The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev: Yarde Punches Hard, He Has Time, I Hope He Does Well In The Future

WBC/WBO/IBF unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (19-0, 19 KOs) retained his 100% knockout ratio on Saturday night by scoring an eighth-round technical knockout victory against British puncher Anthony Yarde (23-3, 22 KOs) at OVO Arena Wembley in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maximum respect 2 da beast....AY did well too n got a bright future

Comment

This was a real rock'em, sock'em, robot's type of fight, as exciting as it get's in the ring.
      Yarde certainly had his moment's in this fight landing some haymaker's of his own, but it just wasn't enough.
      Beterbiev didn't show any sign's of slowing down at all, he kept up with his younger challenger.
      Out punching his opponent throughout the fight until he finally knocked him out.
      blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Respect to both guys. To a certain extent, wasn't expecting this to be the firefight it ended up being. Knew Yarde was gonna be tougher than everybody thought and his power did seem to affect Beterbiev at times, but once again his gas tank really let him down combined with Beterbiev's pressure and power eventually making him fold. Despite still being a wrecking ball, Beterbiev seems to have Father Time inching closer, so now is the time for him and Bivol to get together for true supremacy in the division.

Comment

Yarde needs to learn how to throw a straight right. The jab is there and the hooks with both hands, but there wasn't a straight right in the mix. Beterbiev is tough as nails, but Bivol ditches out a educated sweet science of boxing ass whooppin when they fight
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Great fight to start off year. Figured he would have to break Yarde down like Browne. Both are young, big, strong, and durable with good leg and hand speed. Funny how people thought he'd get Yarde out fast. Need to work on Yard's IQ, literally walked into every trap in the corners Beterbiev set up.

Comment

Yarde did very well. I can see him beating guys like Joe Smith, Marcus Browne and maybe even Zurdo.
              iNixus iNixus likes this.

Comment

Yarde will be diminished from now on, Beterbiev clubbing punches leave a heavy toll,I don't think Smith or Brown will be the same either.

Comment

Yardes a solid B class fighter but I don’t think he’ll ever beat the elites of his division…He’s durable, has heart, power, good footwork, good counters etc but his boxing IQ is very low, his punch selection at certain moments baffled me, his stamina isn’t very good either and I think the kovalev and beterbiev fights have chipped away at his chin.
                  Good for him to make a name for himself, make some money.

Comment

Working...
                  X