Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Was Ahead Of Artur Beterbiev On 2 Scorecards Before Beterbiev's TKO In 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Was Ahead Of Artur Beterbiev On 2 Scorecards Before Beterbiev's TKO In 8th

Anthony Yarde fought fire with fire for as long as he could Saturday night in London. Artur Beterbiev's concussive power ultimately was too much for the brave British contender, but two judges were especially impressed with what Yarde did before Beterbiev ended their back-and-forth light heavyweight title fight in the eighth round. South Korea's Jun Bae Lim (68-65) and New York's Robin Taylor (67-66) both had Yarde ahead of Beterbiev on their scorecards through seven rounds in what was a fantastic action fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's London, what did anyone expect?

Comment

This is a fight where the judges shouldn't have even bothered showing up. It was only ever gonna end in a KO.

Comment

common score for a pbc card.

Comment

So what Yarde was in front on points, that's the point of 12 rounds, it aint over till the last bell sounds,

It amazes me how dropping some rounds in a championship fight is sacrilege, its boxing it's not a race to the first corner, sounds like the same stupid Khan was in front of Canelo and Floyd got a bloody nose from Cotto lol.

Comment

Everyone fights Beterbiev’s fight. It’s gonna take a slick boxer, who can stick to a game plan and not fall apart.
            Last edited by Casualfanboy; 01-28-2023, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Sounds right to me. I had Yarde ahead as well. Problem with him is he has too much muscle mass, doesn’t move his head enough, and never learned how to tie up to deny preferred range

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Sounds right to me. I had Yarde ahead as well. Problem with him is he has too much muscle mass, doesn’t move his head enough, and never learned how to tie up to deny preferred range
                Probably need to quit scoring boxing if you had yarde ahead. Let’s be honest and call it like it is. Yarde only won two rounds. Was clearly being outpunched but held his own. You probably bad Canelo ahead of bivol too

Comment

I was rough on Yarde in the lead up, but he made a good account of himself. He’s a true warrior and went out on his shield. It made for a helluva entertaining fight.
                  Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I don't think Yarde was ahead on scorecard, but if all close rounds were given to Yarde then judges' scorecard make sense. What it doesn't reflect is the damage of the punches and ring generalship in which Beterbiev more dominant. Beterbiev never looked seriously hurt and the cut was from headbutt. Again, if it's purely from number of punches landed it was quite close

Comment

Working...
                    X