Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Stops Anthony Yarde in Eighth of Fire-Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Stops Anthony Yarde in Eighth of Fire-Fight

By Ron Lewis - Artur Beterbiev took the best shots Anthony Yarde had to offer but still came back with more as he broke down the Londoner's brave challenge in the eighth round at Wembley Arena in London. It was a sensational fight and, at times, it seemed both were trying to knock each other out with a single shot. The gallant Yarde had his moments, but even when he looked hurt, Beterbiev had an answer. Yarde had power, Beterbiev had a bit more power and, more importantly, brutal accuracy.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-28-2023, 07:00 PM.

Top Rank Boxing on ESPN presented by AutoZone: Beterbiev vs.Yarde will stream live this Saturday, Jan. 28, at 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT exclusively on ESPN+ in the U.S. The event takes place at OVO Arena Wembley in London, England.

WBC, WBO and IBF world champion Artur Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs), will defend his belts against heavy-hitting British challenger Anthony Yarde (23-2, 22 KOs). Beterbiev, boxing’s only world champion with a 100 percent knockout ratio, will be fighting professionally in the United Kingdom for the first time. Beterbiev ended his amateur career in London at the 2012 Olympic Games.

In addition to this action-packed championship, the undercard will feature Artem Dalakian (21-0,15 KOs) squaring off against David Jimenez (12-0, 9 KOs) in a riveting 12-rounder for the WBA Flyweight World Championship.

Comment

Father Time coming for Beterbiev. Yarde by KO in rounds 10-12

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_ View Post
        Ha care to put your money where your mouth is

Comment

You need to get yourself over to the NSB Pick Em my friend...

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...h-january-2023
          Superbee Superbee likes this.

Comment

His last 2 fights prove otherwise... Artur isn't slowing down... Also, Gvozdyk, Smith Jr and Browne all beat Yarde .... Good kid, but not Belts worthy... Sorry ...

Comment

Bold statement. We'll see how it ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

His last 2 fights prove otherwise... Artur isn't slowing down... Also, Gvozdyk, Smith Jr and Browne all beat Yarde .... Good kid, but not Belts worthy... Sorry ...
                You can get old overnight at 38, plus he’s had leg operations recently, not good signs for a man that age in sport.

I still think Beterbiev wins. Yarde is too one paced usually, even though he’s athletic and hits hard, he doesn’t vary up his speed enough and becomes predictable, which is why the experience of Kovalev got to him. Should imagine Beterbiev will too because Beterbiev is extremely difficult to fight against when he gets into his rhythm and has a lot of experience.

Yarde has to make a big impression early I think. He has power and has to let his hands go. I think he has a window of opportunity early before Beterbiev gets control and wears him down.

It wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world if Yarde won though. At 38, Beterbiev is only going to decline sooner rather than later and look his age and it’s not like we have never seen him down and hurt. It might not be this fight, but I believe with his age and operations, Beterbiev looks old at some point within his next 3 fights. I know Bivol would make him look the near 40 year old that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

You can get old overnight at 38, plus he’s had leg operations recently, not good signs for a man that age in sport.

I still think Beterbiev wins. Yarde is too one paced usually, even though he’s athletic and hits hard, he doesn’t vary up his speed enough and becomes predictable, which is why the experience of Kovalev got to him. Should imagine Beterbiev will too because Beterbiev is extremely difficult to fight against when he gets into his rhythm and has a lot of experience.

Yarde has to make a big impression early I think. He has power and has to let his hands go. I think he has a window of opportunity early before Beterbiev gets control and wears him down.

It wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world if Yarde won though. At 38, Beterbiev is only going to decline sooner rather than later and look his age and it’s not like we have never seen him down and hurt. It might not be this fight, but I believe with his age and operations, Beterbiev looks old at some point within his next 3 fights. I know Bivol would make him look the near 40 year old that he is.

At 38, Beterbiev is only going to decline...

You all been saying that at 34-35-36-37 as well ... Yet he's still demolishing anything in his path... I had some doubts against Deines, but that prove to be only ring rust and an overly cautious opponent... Artur ain't going anywhere ...

Comment

Yarde by upset ko before 7!!!!!

BETTING ON A 38 YEAR OLD IS A FOOLS ERRAND!

Comment

Working...
                    X