Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ashie On Rocha Fight: For Me, This Is The Sequel To De La Hoya-Quartey; This Time... It's Going To Ghana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ashie On Rocha Fight: For Me, This Is The Sequel To De La Hoya-Quartey; This Time... It's Going To Ghana

It didn't take long for George Ashie to find a common theme in a fight he never hesitated to accept. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com earlier this week, the 38-year-old Ghanaian stepped up to replace an injured Anthony Young versus streaking welterweight contender Alexis Rocha. The show--which will air live on DAZN this Saturday from YouTube Theater in Inglewood, California--will mark the stateside debut for Ashie, who seeks to avenge a decades-long misjustice served to his legendary countryman Ike Quartey.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This has nothing to do with DLH-Quartey. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Complete nonsense LOLLLL

Comment

Idk what would be worse, being a Chicano named Alexis or a black dude named Ashie...

Comment

I pray the WBO doesn't stick this scrub in the ring with Bud. Total mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
            I pray the WBO doesn't stick this scrub in the ring with Bud. Total mismatch.
            Depends on how he looks, he might be too good for Bud's liking. If he stinks it up, Bud will send him a contract the next day.
            Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Good fighters, but not De La Hoya and Quartey level. They had a great, dramatic fight. I'll never forget that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Depends on how he looks, he might be too good for Bud's liking. If he stinks it up, Bud will send him a contract the next day.
                You mean like how Earl The Liar sent 78 year old Ugas a contract after seeing his snorefest with the immortal Abel Ramos?

Comment

Fair play to Ashie for trying to make this one look competitive. Fact is, Ashie has had a long career, he's never been remotely competitive at the top level & that ain't gonna change now.

Comment

He's 19 and already has 38 fights? Danm

Comment

Working...
                    X