Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev's Assistant Trainer: He's The Only Guy I've Ever Seen Who's Gotten Better In Mid-30s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev's Assistant Trainer: He's The Only Guy I've Ever Seen Who's Gotten Better In Mid-30s

Artur Beterbiev turned 38 on Saturday, which makes him one of boxing's oldest reigning world champions. You wouldn't know it, according to his assistant trainer. In fact, John Scully has never seen the type of improvement from a boxer Beterbiev's age that the unbeaten IBF/WBC/WBO light heavyweight champion has made in recent years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Benjamin Button of Boxing.

Comment

If you had rubbish trainer in your 20s, or didn't train hard then you can improve in your mid 30s

Comment

Cue the PED accusations.
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

But im sure there are boxers in history who for whatever reason werent great in their 20s and get better in their 30s. But maybe boxers who were great in their 20s, dont get better in mid 30s which is true
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

that can happen with a variety of reasons. 1 can be competition, the 2nd can be turning pro later in life

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              If you had rubbish trainer in your 20s, or didn't train hard then you can improve in your mid 30s

He was so rubbish in his 20's that he could stack up a 295-5 Amateur record, 2 wins over Kovalev, 1 World Championship (2009), Finished 2nd in 2007, 2 Olympics and a Usyk knock down... Rubbish!!! I tell ya !!!
              Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

He was so rubbish in his 20's that he could stack up a 295-5 Amateur record, 2 wins over Kovalev, 1 World Championship (2009), Finished 2nd in 2007, 2 Olympics and a Usyk knock down... Rubbish!!! I tell ya !!!
                Beat Kovalev twice too lol

Comment

Imagine if he really is as fresh as a 28 year old and go on for another 6 years until he is 34 [ 44 really] - if he stayed unbeaten we'd be looking at an ATG

I don't believe it though - there are other younger guys who live a clean lifestyle and keep mentally sharp and dedicated and even with that I remember there was a big difference between 28 and 32 and 38 and 42
                  Last edited by SteveM; 01-27-2023, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I’m assuming he means literally the only guy he has seen in person and worked with? Because Bernard Hopkins got way better in his 30s.

Comment

Working...
                    X