Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dan Azeez Reflects on Sparring Experience With Artur Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dan Azeez Reflects on Sparring Experience With Artur Beterbiev

British champion Dan Azeez has lifted the lid on his month-long sparring experience with unified light-heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fantastic experience for a young fighter. This is the way to improve.
    mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Good of Beterbiev's team to allow Azeez in that close. Normally, its spar and go, but it seems they were willing to let him soak in some things.

Comment

Fan of Azeez, great attitude and enjoy watching him fight, hope I'm wrong but he does seem a bit small for the division.

''Overall it was funny because for my first spar, I got picked up and taken to the gym by another sparring partner, who was a cruiserweight.

"He turned up with a black eye, a bust lip and nose bent. Fresh injuries. I thought ‘what the hell?’ But I didn’t want to show that I was nervous about the spar but I asked him anyway: ‘who have you been sparring? Was it Beterbiev?’ He said ‘yeah’.

“I thought ‘bloody hell’ and asked him what it was like. He said ‘it was good, but the only advice I’ll give you is - keep your hands up!’

Comment

good insightful article - not clickbait based on a 2 sentence quote as per Thermistode and Nam
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Fan of Azeez, great attitude and enjoy watching him fight, hope I'm wrong but he does seem a bit small for the division.

''Overall it was funny because for my first spar, I got picked up and taken to the gym by another sparring partner, who was a cruiserweight.

"He turned up with a black eye, a bust lip and nose bent. Fresh injuries. I thought ‘what the hell?’ But I didn’t want to show that I was nervous about the spar but I asked him anyway: ‘who have you been sparring? Was it Beterbiev?’ He said ‘yeah’.

“I thought ‘bloody hell’ and asked him what it was like. He said ‘it was good, but the only advice I’ll give you is - keep your hands up!’

You ever see Lionel Thompson talk about sparring with Beterbiev?

https://youtu.be/7J2zypUFzVo

Hilarious
            eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              Fantastic experience for a young fighter. This is the way to improve.

He's in his 30's, so not "young"... Still classy from the Beterbiev Team to welcome him and give him some advice as well... You get paid for sparring and have a free trainer in the process... Good stuff...

Comment

That’s good stuff to heat
                JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

He's in his 30's, so not "young"... Still classy from the Beterbiev Team to welcome him and give him some advice as well... You get paid for sparring and have a free trainer in the process... Good stuff...
                  I didn't realise he was already in 30s, thanks. But nevertheless, for someone at his level, that was a great experience that should only be of benefit to him.
                  Superbee Superbee likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X