Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I'm Gonna Beat The F--- Out Of Caleb Plant And I'm Very Excited To Say That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I'm Gonna Beat The F--- Out Of Caleb Plant And I'm Very Excited To Say That

There was a time when David Benavidez wanted nothing more than to land a fight with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, if only for a shot to reclaim his old WBC title. The former two-time super middleweight titlist will now gladly settle for the next best thing--a chance to silence a longtime divisional rival.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is one fight that I don't want to miss, there's so much bad blood between them that it's got to be one hell of a fight.
    The winner should definitely get a shot at the 168 pound title, regardless of who has the belt, or belt's at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
      This is one fight that I don't want to miss, there's so much bad blood between them that it's got to be one hell of a fight.
      The winner should definitely get a shot at the 168 pound title, regardless of who has the belt, or belt's at that time.
      Every time I see that this fight has been made, I think, "Damn Jermall, what happened to you?" Check out this article:

Jermall Charlo Going Through “Personal Stuff” Says Regis Prograis
      1/25/2023

“He got some personal stuff going on. He got some hard personal stuff going on,” said Regis Prograis to Punsh Drunk Boxing about Jermall Charlo.​

“A lot of people talk about him, but the dude is going through some stuff now. He’s definitely getting better, but in the state that he was in, he didn’t need to fight; he just didn’t.

“I know he’s a champion and all that kind of stuff, but he’s got some personal stuff going on. I think he’s way better, and he’s always the same thing; he’s disciplined, and he’s always training...

Recently, Jermall showed up at a fight last December, and called out WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol, asking him for a fight at 168 or 160.

What was troubling about that was how Jermall appeared to be slurring his works, making some fans wonder if he’s beginning to shown signs of having taken too much punishment in his past fights.

“I was just at his house, not last week but the weekend before that. We all talking, and he’s still cool and all that stuff,” said Regis about Charlo. “He’s still training, but he’s getting better. Everybody saw him. I ain’t saying. He had some personal stuff going on, so he kind of had to figure that stuff out.

“He still going through a little bit, but he’s way better now,” said Prograis about Jermall.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...rograis/257221

Sounds like this cat is in full self-destruct mode! "Samson and Delilah!" SMH! Andrade vs. Morrell Jr.! Make It Happen! MAN UP!

Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Benavidez can't sleep on Plant--he is no pushover. 50-50 fight.

Comment

The PBC

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Every time I see that this fight has been made, I think, "Damn Jermall, what happened to you?" Check out this article:

1/25/2023

“He got some personal stuff going on. He got some hard personal stuff going on,” said Regis Prograis to Punsh Drunk Boxing about Jermall Charlo.​

“A lot of people talk about him, but the dude is going through some stuff now. He’s definitely getting better, but in the state that he was in, he didn’t need to fight; he just didn’t.

“I know he’s a champion and all that kind of stuff, but he’s got some personal stuff going on. I think he’s way better, and he’s always the same thing; he’s disciplined, and he’s always training...

Recently, Jermall showed up at a fight last December, and called out WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol, asking him for a fight at 168 or 160.

What was troubling about that was how Jermall appeared to be slurring his works, making some fans wonder if he’s beginning to shown signs of having taken too much punishment in his past fights.

“I was just at his house, not last week but the weekend before that. We all talking, and he’s still cool and all that stuff,” said Regis about Charlo. “He’s still training, but he’s getting better. Everybody saw him. I ain’t saying. He had some personal stuff going on, so he kind of had to figure that stuff out.

“He still going through a little bit, but he’s way better now,” said Prograis about Jermall.

Sounds like this cat is in full self-destruct mode! "Samson and Delilah!" SMH! Andrade vs. Morrell Jr.! Make It Happen! MAN UP!

Hey! There's a limit to just how much the human head, and body can take before it start's to break down or show sign's of gradual/permanent deterioration.
            Wear, and tear is inevitable in our lifetime, especially for those of us who are in any kind of combat, competition, hard labor, first responder role, etc, etc, etc.
            Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

I like both fighters. Man, Plant is going to have to dig into his bag to win this fight. Looking forward to it.
              kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

1/25/2023

Hope he works his way out of whatever dark place he's in, he was always someone that I rooted for, and just hoped that GGG and Cinnabon would stop running from.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Hope he works his way out of whatever dark place he's in, he was always someone that I rooted for, and just hoped that GGG and Cinnabon would stop running from.
                  I hope he comes back and fight Adames @ 160, then joins the party at 168!

Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Benavidez is probably going to wear Plant down by the middle rounds. He's a much better pressure fighter than Cinnabon, and let's his hands go at an incredible punch rate. Plant has requested a 22 ft. ring, so he expects to be constantly on the move, but with limited gas. David's high guard defense is ok, but Caleb should be able to get some shots around it from angles. Benavidez will eventually catch him against the ropes and pummel him into brick dust.

Comment

Working...
                    X