Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Billam-Smith Open To Facing Kovalev, Prefers Opetaia or Riakporhe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Billam-Smith Open To Facing Kovalev, Prefers Opetaia or Riakporhe

Chris Billam-Smith believes Richard Riakporhe is refusing to fight him in Bournemouth - which would rule out a potential stadium showdown this summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

im a CBS fan but its really tough to match him now as most beat him in the top 10, i do think he can beat Riakpore in rematch and maybe a drunk kovalev, but Opetaia boxes him easily, Breidis, Mchunu and Okolie are not good matchups for him.
    Maybe Makabu? he's there for the taking.
    Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      im a CBS fan but its really tough to match him now as most beat him in the top 10, i do think he can beat Riakpore in rematch and maybe a drunk kovalev, but Opetaia boxes him easily, Breidis, Mchunu and Okolie are not good matchups for him.
      I agree on the Makabu take. Boxxer should just track down Don King and give him what he wants for a Makabu fight. It shouldn’t break the bank by any means, and Boxxer will make it back once CBS has a title. Why this hasn’t happened yet makes me wonder if Ben Shalom is really the shrewd, forward-thinking promoter he’s been made out to be.

Comment

I'd far prefer the Riakpore rematch. I don't feel like there's much to gain from fighting Kovalev at this stage.

Comment

Looks like CBS doesn't want to fight anywhere but Bournemouth, almost like a security blanket.

Comment

Kovalev? Why? He should have destroyed Canelo. Instead he got KOd because booze and BLOW takes a chin. Ask Chuck LIddell. His California lifestyle blew his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              Agreed, but Makabu's down to fight Gevor next. Also given the fact that Makabu's with Don King would Team CBS want to get involved. I really thought the Opetaia fight was a done deal but I see mandatories coming into it & Masternek doe's have the #1 ranking with the IBF with Riakpore @ #2 & CBS 3, so maybe the Chris Vs Richard rematch as a final eliminator could work well in May.

Comment

Working...
              X