Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Smith-Eubank: Promoter Shalom Says 'Dream' Is to Stage Rematch at Liverpool's Anfield Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Smith-Eubank: Promoter Shalom Says 'Dream' Is to Stage Rematch at Liverpool's Anfield Stadium

Promoter Ben Shalom would "love" to see Liam Smith and Chris Eubank Jr. run it back at one of England's biggest soccer stadiums. This past Saturday, Liverpool's Smith earned perhaps the sweetest victory of his career, stopping Brighton's Eubank in the fourth round of a middleweight bout at Manchester.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like both guys, let the best man win!!

Comment

The rematch everyone is clamouring for

Comment

Rematch clauses are ****ing annoying 90% of the time. This case being within that percentage......

I wish a rematch clause can only be exercised if a fight was close. It's annoying to see when someone gets knocked out, almost not even a competitive fight... and they end up being contractually obligated to run it back. THERE'S NO POINT TO THIS REMATCH. If Eubank won decisively, or knocked out Smith, the rematch wouldn't have happened. The clause was always going to be there to protect Eubank.

Call me crazy but I'd rather see Smith vs GGG next. GGG hasn't done **** since his pathetic performance against Canelo 3... and who knows when GGG will fight again.

Smith right now would be 100x better than another Steve Rolls or Szeremeta.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
          Rematch clauses are ****ing annoying 90% of the time. This case being within that percentage......

I wish a rematch clause can only be exercised if a fight was close. It's annoying to see when someone gets knocked out, almost not even a competitive fight... and they end up being contractually obligated to run it back. THERE'S NO POINT TO THIS REMATCH. If Eubank won decisively, or knocked out Smith, the rematch wouldn't have happened. The clause was always going to be there to protect Eubank.

Call me crazy but I'd rather see Smith vs GGG next. GGG hasn't done **** since his pathetic performance against Canelo 3... and who knows when GGG will fight again.

Smith right now would be 100x better than another Steve Rolls or Szeremeta.
          If that was the case Lennox Lewis would not have been able to avenge his losses. He didn't have them straight away so don't know if they were contractual rematch clauses but he still got KOd twice and avenged both. So retired winning everyone he faced

Also i think even a old GGG KOs both Eubank and Smith. They'll go for the rematch as probably most money in that they can probably sell out Anfield
          greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Would rather see GGG-Smith at Anfield instead. Eubank looks ruined at 160, the rematch isn't a remotely interesting contest at that weight.
            RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post
              Would rather see GGG-Smith at Anfield instead. Eubank looks ruined at 160, the rematch isn't a remotely interesting contest at that weight.
              I totally agree, eubanks looks dead at the weight, at 33 his body is starting to protest, GGG Smith would be a good scrap, and a well deserved payday Smith.
              Raimondo Raimondo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

I totally agree, eubanks looks dead at the weight, at 33 his body is starting to protest, GGG Smith would be a good scrap, and a well deserved payday Smith.
                Indeed, Eubank Jr shrinked his body for so long to make 160 and now he's 33.

Comment

I only want the rematch so that Eubank can get his KO back, and to shut Sctrojan up by making my prediction right.
                  Last edited by Rebelrbg; 01-26-2023, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Liam should move on and have Golovkin at middleweight at Anfield.

Comment

Working...
                    X