Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Eager To Sign Edgar Berlanga To Golden Boy: 'Come Talk To Us, Or We'll Fly To You'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Eager To Sign Edgar Berlanga To Golden Boy: 'Come Talk To Us, Or We'll Fly To You'

Oscar de la Hoya is determined to add Edgar Berlanga to the Golden Boy Promotions roster. The unbeaten super middleweight hit the free agent market earlier this month after nearly four years spent under the Top Rank banner. The two sides parted ways on amicable terms, just one month after Berlanga completed a six-month suspension following a June 11 win over Alexis Angulo where he was caught attempting to bite his opponent in the ninth-round of an eventual unanimous decision victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone ends up leaving Top Rank sooner or later. I don’t trust how good Berlanga will be tho. Mayweather, De La Hoya, Andy Ruiz had it better after Top Rank
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Some posters asked who would want to sign him.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Oscar will have him beating up Spike O’Sullivan and Lemieux before feeding him to Munguia. Maybe they could throw Gabe Rosado in the mix but that’s probably too dangerous for Berlanga

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          Oscar will have him beating up Spike O’Sullivan and Lemieux before feeding him to Munguia. Maybe they could throw Gabe Rosado in the mix but that’s probably too dangerous for Berlanga
          Why do I feel Berlanga isn't even ready for Spike or Lemieux? lol - dude has been absolute trash.
          Last edited by nghtmr111; 01-26-2023, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post
            Everyone ends up leaving Top Rank sooner or later. I don’t trust how good Berlanga will be tho. Mayweather, De La Hoya, Andy Ruiz had it better after Top Rank
            I hope that will be the case with Edgar Berlanga, because if it is I believe that he'll be in some exciting fight's in the near future.
            If he make's the right decision's, stay's focused, and continue's to learn on the job, as he fight's better opposition.
            It look's like 2023 will be the year that make's or break's Edgar "The Chosen One" Berlanga, he's got to forget about the bling, rapper's, actor's, and Hollywood.
            If he's able to come close their achievement's (Mayweather, De La Hoya, even Andy Ruiz), he should thank his lucky star's.
            Last edited by Boricua181; 01-26-2023, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              Those 4 fight's would actually be good for Berlanga, who will have been out of the ring for 8 month's by this coming February.
              Those fight's would help him get some more needed round's, and I think that he can actually beat all 4 of them, with some difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Some posters asked who would want to sign him.
                I think that is a legitimate question.

Short term- you can keep feeding him guys he can KO and make a small profit.

Long term- not really sure hes a good investment because he will eventually have to fight better guys and he doesn’t look capable of defeating anyone highly skilled.

Comment

Everyone wants to find the next great Puerto Rican fighter who can excite east coast fans from NY/NJ to Florida and down to the island. Every promoter has ants to have a Felix Trinidad they can match with a Mexican or Mexican American fighter in hopes of selling out arenas and profitable PPV. There just hasn’t been that level of PR fighter around recently, top rank tried and the last one ended up in prison on a murder rap. I just don’t see berlanga having the talent or fan appeal top rank thought he did. I mean they were willing to gamble on Verdejo even after he lost, they let berlanga go even without a debacle

Comment

Why not. De la Hoya will try to build up a super fight between Munguia and Berlanga

Comment

Working...
                    X