Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin Hopes To Secure a Big Fight After Stay-Busy Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin Hopes To Secure a Big Fight After Stay-Busy Return

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, top heavyweight contender Otto Wallin will return to action for his first fight of 2023, as he takes on Mexico's Helaman Olguin in an eight-round fight this Friday, January 27 from Castleton Banquet & Conference Center in Windham, New Hampshire. Wallin, who is promoted by Salita Promotions and who owns the WBO No. 3 and WBC No. 9 rankings, will look to stay sharp as he seeks a marquee matchup this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Feel like we’ve had 10 variations of this same story. Bro needs to stop wishful thinking of a lottery ticket big £ Fury or Usyk fight and position himself for an eliminator now. Bet on himself.

Comment

Is think fight PPV ! Because I won't watch for free if it was across the road. bux

Comment

Wallin is avoided but he is not the most feared. Ridiculous statement.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Wallin is avoided but he is not the most feared. Ridiculous statement.
          I saw that line from Salita and thought the same exact thing. Avoided? Yes. Most feared? Absolutely not.

The fact that Wallin is fighting a 9-4-1 Mexican journeyman in a banquet hall speaks volumes of Salita's promotional muscle. Instead of securing better opponents for Wallin to ascend the rankings, he gives us a weekly soundbytes on NSB stating Otto is ready for a big fight.

Comment

The problem is that he never capitalized on his great albeit losing effort against Tyson Fury.
            Then on top of that he hasn't stayed active going on three years after his monumental effort against Fury.
            To then make matter's even worse, the few opponent's that he has fought within those three year's are atrocious.
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Another week, another Otto Wallin story
              joe strong joe strong likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I saw that line from Salita and thought the same exact thing. Avoided? Yes. Most feared? Absolutely not.

The fact that Wallin is fighting a 9-4-1 Mexican journeyman in a banquet hall speaks volumes of Salita's promotional muscle. Instead of securing better opponents for Wallin to ascend the rankings, he gives us a weekly soundbytes on NSB stating Otto is ready for a big fight.
                I mentioned in the Joshua/Franklin thread that at least we will stop hearing Salita talk about being in the mix for another big fight… A few hours later this appears… Wallin needs to run out his contract & get away from Salita…
                PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

I think I heard him wanting to secure a big fight for years. His promotion doesn't seem to be able to secure much of anything. Its a 6-8 fight at a banquet hall? Can't remember when I seen someone on that level in this kind of fight? But he wants to secure a big fight! OK thanks for the update. This sure way to entice. Lol poor M.R. Wallin you might think about looking for a new promotion soon then later
                  BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                    The problem is that he never capitalized on his great albeit losing effort against Tyson Fury.
                    Then on top of that he hasn't stayed active going on three years after his monumental effort against Fury.
                    To then make matter's even worse, the few opponent's that he has fought within those three year's are atrocious.
                    Well he did fight Breazeale and beat him. He's good they simply aren't able to get him fights. I think he should find a new promoter

Comment

Working...
                    X