Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde: I Wouldn't Know What I'm Made of Without Losses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde: I Wouldn't Know What I'm Made of Without Losses

By Sean Nam - Anthony Yarde is not one to brush off his losses, as is often the case in boxing. On the contrary, the light heavyweight contender from London credits his two career defeats as having an ultimately positive effect on his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yarde is gonna get knocked out.

Comment

Yarde doesn't seem dynamic enough to beat Beterbiev. It would be a massive victory if he wins
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

You'll have another one to add to the list, Yarde.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I have said repeatedly: I like Yarde. He has bounced back from career setbacks, and he is a better fighter today than he was in 2019. I think he has done a nice job getting back into this position.

I will still like him when he gets his third defeat. Beterbiev is just a level or two above Yarde in every area. except maybe hand speed. But technical skill, power. boxing instincts, and having a body being made of granite all goes to Beterbiev. The only path to victory Yarde has is if Beterbiev gives a poor performance.
          SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Should have changed trainer's long ago, Tunde is a money obsessed amateur clown.
            I unfortunately sat through the most cringe & awkward pod interview ive ever heard before the Kov fight, Tunde was on tbv podcast that ive ditched now but if you enjoy cringe give it a listen.
            Every question he led to money or how he's street despite he grew up with middle class dr. parent's.

Yardes only chance, Beterbiev suddenly get's old.
            Last edited by Bob; 01-24-2023, 03:36 AM.

Comment

He has a great body hook, but does that matter on Beterbiev? The punch is also quite telegraphed and that can spell danger.
              He stops his motion and resets when a jab comes his way. He may get jabbed all night.
              He can throw some sneaky left crosses and I imagine he can split the guard or come over the top with that.
              To me, there is not a whole lot that he has going on and Beterbiev has going ons upon going ons. I expect a round 6 KO for Beterbiev and a win for plodding mechanical violence compared to a guy built like a horse.
              gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Yardes best chance is trying to do a Johnson and try and knock Beterbiev out in the first few rounds, ironically i think his 'trainer' is going to make him super cautious and try and box Beterbiev late which leaves him 0 chance because once Beterbiev gets in a rhythm he is almost unstoppable.
                Beterbiev wins every round, multiple kds and renders Yarde unconscious around the midway point.
                gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Yardes best chance is trying to do a Johnson and try and knock Beterbiev out in the first few rounds, ironically i think his 'trainer' is going to make him super cautious and try and box Beterbiev late which leaves him 0 chance because once Beterbiev gets in a rhythm he is almost unstoppable.
                  Beterbiev wins every round, multiple kds and renders Yarde unconscious around the midway point.
                  100%. He needs to jump on him from first bell. Once Beterbiev gets set and finds any sort of rhythm Yarde is in big trouble. Really hope he can pull it off. Huge cajones going the Beterbiev route

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                    He has a great body hook, but does that matter on Beterbiev? The punch is also quite telegraphed and that can spell danger.
                    I was watching a few of Yarde's past fights to get the best assessment before Saturday's fight, and boy did I notice this. He really steps into that hook and if he tries that on Beterbiev, he's going to get hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X