Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: I Told Chris Eubank Jr. - When You Challenge All Comers, This Might Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: I Told Chris Eubank Jr. - When You Challenge All Comers, This Might Happen

Former four division champion Roy Jones Jr, who works as the head trainer of Chris Eubank Jr, says his fighter is in good spirits after suffering his first stoppage loss.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Acting like this was some massive risk like he wasn't the big favourite to win.

Comment

He put up a great effort at only 50%. Nash out
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Roy was saying how much of a breeze this would be , now it's when you take on 'all comers' . And Jr. is now saying he is the better fighter .OMG please you've just been KTFO
        If Joshua is going to turn his career around he's made one right decision so far, can you imagine Joshua trying like Jr. to mimic Roy.
        RJJ was his own style , a complete one off....EJ, looks lost .

Comment

So I’m no eubank fan but reading comments all the times on boxing sites.. man I respect these fighters and appreciate them. Hate the politics, trinket bs, sides of streets… us fans are easy to talk crap about any fighter at any moment. Moral of story is smith surprised me. I guess I remember him as fodder for canelo while waiting (and waiting) for the ggg match. Respect for all these people that entertain me. Ok, now I’ll go to another article and talk crap lol

Comment

Eubank needs a better coach and to be more dedicated.

Comment

The Korobov fight showed Junior's true value. He was getting outboxed and tagged at will... Before the Russian hurt himself.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                Roy was saying how much of a breeze this would be , now it's when you take on 'all comers' . And Jr. is now saying he is the better fighter .OMG please you've just been KTFO
                If Joshua is going to turn his career around he's made one right decision so far, can you imagine Joshua trying like Jr. to mimic Roy.
                RJJ was his own style , a complete one off....EJ, looks lost .
                When RJJ became a trainer I really wondered how he would approach it. Prime Roy was likely the most physically gifted fighter of all time, he could do basically anything he wanted in the ring because his speed, timing and power were incredibly freakish. Great feet, ring IQ. Argument can be made he is the best of all time. Had he stopped after Ruiz, he'd get my nod. As it is, I think he was the most talented ever.

It translated into a legendary fighter, but a trainer has to see his fighters for their strengths and weaknesses and make them the best that they can be. Not try to teach them how to fight like prime RJJ. Because no one can. Including Roy himself for the last decade of his career.

Not sure RJJ will ever be a great trainer.
                thack thack likes this.

Comment

Beefy Smith hardly qualifies as "all comers". If you're a big middleweight and can't beat a 154 lb. journeyman, it may be time to hang them up. I see why he avoided Andrade and Charlo.

Comment

This was a pretty vicious KO Too many fighters have discussed the inability to come back from a bad KO. IIF they rematch, Eubank will need to walk Smith down instead of fighting off back foot like he did. I’m sure it will be at a catch weight at Smith has already said the rematch will be on his terms. I just don’t see him beating Smith who is too long in the tooth for Eubank to over-come.
                    As much as ILOVE RJJ, Eubank has not looked good under him IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X