Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: I Think Derrick James May Be Able to Get Anthony Joshua to Apply Pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: I Think Derrick James May Be Able to Get Anthony Joshua to Apply Pressure

Roy Jones Jr. approves of Anthony Joshua's newest trainer. The former heavyweight champion has not publicly announced his newest coach, but many believe it is Derrick James, the Dallas, Texas-based trainer best known for his work with welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. and undisputed junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

RJJ is just going to ignore the crystal chops, but AJ is the owner. AJ likes being conscience more than looking good.

Comment

He screwed up Eubank Jnr

Comment

You never stop learning in boxing and I'm not about to second guess some one of Roys great achievements but I wonder if this three trainer three fight scenario might work against Joshua .He can maybe teach him to apply pressure but against a better fighter such as Usyk and Fury I doubt he'd have the ability to get away with it with what he is , a relatively stiff stand up fighter who , although has powerboat is pretty stiff. Joshua certainly found that to be the difference against Usyk and more than likely would against Fury.It sounds like they are trying to build a machine and often at times looks that way too.

Comment

I don't think a new trainer will fix things. AJ had been leveraging his physical advantages because his skills weren't elite and they never will be. Now that he's been put on the canvas a few times and opponents have exposed his weaknesses, he's afraid to engage. But Wladimir Klitchko resurrected his career with Manny Steward so let's see if Derrick James can help Joshua.

Comment

I hope rjj is right, an aggressive preasure fighting aj working hard behind the jab is a tough night for anyone. The division is better with Aj in it.

Aj's 33 though & with his size & phisicality i honestly believe phisically it's all down hill from here, that's just being human. Mentally, who know's.
            If the belts split he can definitely become 3 times a paper belt holder so i think he'll bide his time & buy a belt again if it becomes available.

Negotiations with Fury proved he can't sign to fight as a B-side against Fury who has his own commercial interests after they sent back the contract demanding commercial control & A-side status. Until those sponsorships run out i think it will hinder him from signing for such a fight.

Comment

Eubank needs a trainer to teach him how to apply pressure...rjj ain't the man for him.
              tryna turn him into something he's not!
              he was better bettepressure fighter before joining rjj

Comment

It’s all good AJ applying pressure, but what happens when he walks onto one. Joshua just doesn’t react well to being hit, he’s had that problem since the amateurs. Rob McCracken did a really good job of hiding that or at least working around it because he knows Joshua inside out. AJ should go back to Rob.

This “search” for a new trainer is Joshua failing to accept his flaws. He’s searching for an answer that doesn’t exist. A new trainer isn’t going to wave a magic wand and improve his flaws.

Comment

Roy is apparently not intelligent enough outside the ring to be quiet right now lmao

Comment

Only his almighty Master Eddie can get him to do things.

You know Eddie has those pictures of the oversized diva...you know the kind. He wouldn't want those to get out.

Comment

Working...
                    X