Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermaine Franklin Excited About Possibility of Anthony Joshua Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermaine Franklin Excited About Possibility of Anthony Joshua Showdown

Dmitriy Salita, promoter for heavyweight contender Jermaine Franklin, is hoping to receive an official offer in the coming days for a showdown with former two-time world champion Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Joshua should go with McKean it's a much more winnable fight when he's lacking confidence Franklin has some ability and can take a punch not a good recipe for this iteration of AJ...

Comment

AJ needs to fight someone coming off a W

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
        AJ needs to fight someone coming off a W
        Why ?

Comment

Wallin ain't gonna get the shot. Whyte was supposed to fight him too, but pulled out. Seems like he always gets the short end of the stick.

Comment

Franklin's promoter, Salita, basically just said my fighter isn't shxt compared to Wallin, so Hearn should choose us for AJ. I'm not mad, get your bread however you can, but damn....
            Dan Gleessac Dan Gleessac likes this.

Comment

No problem with this matchup for AJ next at all. Realistically the Whyte fight was much closer than the scorecards suggested. If Whyte was still a legitimate contender, he should've dealt with Franklin who is really international level at best. This fight would be a good measuring stick for where AJ is at right now. If he can't clearly beat Franklin, his days at or near the top are numbered.
              Dan Gleessac Dan Gleessac likes this.

Comment

Joshua fought well in his losing attempt against usyk but Usyk only looked good at heavyweight fighting him. Joshua's head must be in a real bad place , juggling trainers and then wanting a 'confidence builder' and then Whyte ....I've completely lost interest and see the best that can come out of it is some of these lower level guys like Franklin will at least make a few quid but these aren't the fights that set the division on fire.

Comment

I think AJ needs to take things slow. He should fight Pulev 1 or 2 times first, then Chisora and Povetkin again before he steps up to Jermaine Franklin. He needs to be smart about this.
                  Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 01-18-2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

The fact they can't decide on an opponent is bad news

Comment

Working...
                    X