Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Ajagba Is Gonna Have To Step It Up; Be More Creative With Offense, Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Ajagba Is Gonna Have To Step It Up; Be More Creative With Offense, Defense

Andre Ward saw some improvement in Efe Ajagba on Saturday night. Not enough, however, that the ESPN analyst is convinced that the hard-hitting Nigerian can compete with the more formidable contenders in the heavyweight division. Ward wants to see more diversity in Ajagba's offensive repertoire and in how the 6-foot-6, 235-pound power puncher defends himself.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Personally , I think Efe has maxed out
    Nothing more to do
    Like I always say , can’t teach an old dog new tricks
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

He is too robotic and repetitive. He doesn't go to the body, doesn't feint enough and is too stiff. They should not train him just to deliver that right hand. Better fighters with good chins and or defensive moves will get around it and he will need more tools.

Comment

Efe uses the same combinations over and over but his main problem against Shaw was letting Shaw move wherever he wanted. If you're not going to use body shots to slow down you're opponent you have to cut the ring off and Efe didn't/

Comment

Ward who fought nobody of note

Comment

He needs Andre Ward's brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
              Ward who fought nobody of note
              You've got to be trolling right? he fought Kovalev THE GUY at 75 whilst the wins you could argue are questionable he still fought him and the who's who at 68...

Comment

He’s robotic for sure and I thought he was there to be out worked. He got outboxed but turned up the heat when his opponent was too economical with his punches. He will not fair well against the world class contenders and champions.

Comment

Ajagba has yet to impress me at all, he doesn’t really hit as hard as people make out, he doesn’t handle pressure too well….he needs some big changes or things just won’t work out for him at the top level.

Comment

Funny how Andre Ward, a top professional boxer, is analyzing another boxer as part of his job and love for the sport...and some haters act as if he has no business doing so? As if you at home have more credentials to analyze a boxer...Andre Ward, after his career is a credit to the sport with his continued voice and on commentary...
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X