Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Backs Eubank To Beat Smith, Cautions That a Loss Could Derail Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Backs Eubank To Beat Smith, Cautions That a Loss Could Derail Career

Former world champion George Groves is backing his old rival Chris Eubank Jr, to come away with a victory this coming Saturday night in Manchester, where he faces Liam Smith in a grudge match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jr. will be just too big for Smith but wasn't that the plan!

Comment

Eubank will hurt Smith while fighting off his back foot with counters and timing him for the big shots to the body and head. I believe Jr. stops him because Liam is going to keep coming forward until he does.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        Jr. will be just too big for Smith but wasn't that the plan!
        Indeed it is the plan, strangely it was the plan against Benn lol

Comment

A natural 168 lber must already beat a natural 154 lber.

Also, which career are you fukin talking about? His career achievement is getting trained by Roid.

Comment

I’m rooting for Liam. He’s not the best boxer, but he’s likeable.

Comment

I have not said much about this match up. But let me make one thing clear? There are too many people devaluing this fight.

On fight night, Liam Smith is most likely going to weigh more than Eubank Junior.

Liam Smith has even said this himself. When Smith fought Anthony Fowler, he also told Fowler that? He had to cut more weight than him to make the 154 pound limit.

Smith stated this in response to Fowler explaining that he is a big 154 fighter 'Which was true'.

Chris Eubank Junior is not one of these fighters who gains masses of weight after weigh in's. Reminiscent of Carl Froch he is always in and around his fighting weight.

This is not the case for Smith at 154 pounds. On the sly, if the day before weigh in rule was not being used.

Both Smith & Eubank Junior would probably be fighting in the same weight class.

For me Liam Smith is a middle-weight. He is only making the 154 pound limit, due to weight draining himself extensively.

This fight is a good solid fight, genuine fight. Real competition.

Note: It is clear to me that the toxic weight draining culture in boxing, has totally warped the perception of some boxing fans. People don't know what they are watching, or what weight classes fighters really should be fighting in.

Chris Eubank Junior at 168 pounds, on fight night was barely weighing over the 168 pound limit. And outside the ring, between fights 'Liam Smith clearly walks around weighing more than Eubank Junior'.

Overall this fight is really good matching making, this fight is a insiders boxing fight. People within the sport of boxing, serious people 'Nobody has been devaluing or mocking this fight'.

The fighters are not mocking this fight, because its real 'Both fighters are a threat to each other'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-17-2023, 06:12 PM.
              tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

As the saying goes" a mediocre big man will always beat a mediocre little man".

Comment

Eubank naturally then Smith but also the style of Smith plays right into Eubanks hands well the Eubank of old anyway but if smith just elects to come forward an try an put it on Eubank he'll probably be out fought due to Eubank just being quicker an sharper than Smith who's more of a methodical kinda fighter

Comment

Working...
                  X