Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonas' Manager Feels Shields Fight is Possible For April: They Both Want The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonas' Manager Feels Shields Fight is Possible For April: They Both Want The Fight

Joe Gallagher, manager and trainer of unified junior middleweight fighter Natasha Jonas, hopes that a deal can be made for a high-stakes showdown with Claressa Shields, who currently holds the undisputed crown at middleweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This would be a very intriguing fight, as Shields is such a skilled boxer who is tough, and Jonas is herself highly skilled in her approach, based more perhaps on timing, physical strength and heavy punching. I absolutely love Jonas' style, but given she is accustomed to the weight, has wirhstood and reigned against the destructive power of Savannah Marshall, Shields must start as clear favourite I concede.
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I like Jonas as a boxer, she definitely has some skill, but its just not to the level of Shield's. Claressa is more natural with her movement and punch selections, and is just much faster whether it be footwork or hand speed.

Comment

This is a fight that the boxing public might want, but I believe Shields might be too much for Jones to handle.

I believe a rematch between Shields and Marshall would be more competitive.

Comment

Working...
        X