Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood: If I Do As I Plan, Mauricio Lara Fight Won't Reach Halfway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood: If I Do As I Plan, Mauricio Lara Fight Won't Reach Halfway

WBA featherweight champion Leigh Wood has more motivation with some critics tabbing him as the underdog in next month's defense against Mauricio Lara in Nottingham. Last year, Lara scored a brutal knockout of Josh Warrington.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lara in 6

Comment

He bet on himself to fall in the 5th? I see he’s employing Hector Garcia’s rags to riches strategy.

Comment

Lara by KO, or a vicious beating then TKO in the middle rounds.

Comment

A lot of people have Lara winning but we'll see, both fighters have a lot of holes - but I think it does end before the halfway point.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
            A lot of people have Lara winning but we'll see, both fighters have a lot of holes - but I think it does end before the halfway point.
            This is what makes it an interesting scrap; Both have holes to their game and both can crack with pretty hard punches. I think Lara is the more durable and the more aggressive but who knows, either way someone is likely getting sparked out.
            Body the jab Body the jab likes this.

Comment

I think, the longer the fight goes, the better Woods chances. He tends to catch them late, when they run low on ammo.

Comment

I'm booked ringside! At least it seems Eddie has confidence in some of his fighters ! last time looked Lee was 1/3 underdog .If he can take Lara late he will stop him BUT those early rounds will be brutal .This Lara may not let him see too many! Hats off to Edward here!
                I think he knows if Wood loses he's probably got a better chance of Wood v Warrington cross roads affair which will do well inside and outside the ring.
                Last edited by thack; 01-16-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Wood is going to sleep in 6 or 7.

Comment

Lara by Murder in round 5!

Comment

Working...
                    X