Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Usyk Wants 50-50 For Fury Fight; That's Not Right If Their Fight Is At Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Usyk Wants 50-50 For Fury Fight; That's Not Right If Their Fight Is At Wembley

Bob Arum and Frank Warren are awaiting an offer from investors in Saudi Arabia who they believe want to bring the Tyson Fury-Oleksandr Usyk heavyweight title fight to that country sometime this spring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum hasn’t been one of if not the greatest promoter of all time for being dumb! The old fart still thinks smarter than 90% of the posters on this site lol… damn right if the fight is at wembley, usyk won’t sniff anywhere near 50% of the pie! Just like if/and or when the saudis come calling, they won’t offer him the same they will offer the gypsy king! Simple to figure out… Tyson is bigger so he gets more money lol
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

If they have not even got an offer at this stage hard to see the fight happen start of March now
      Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Well if that's how Arum feels, then Usyh should demand a neutral venue. There's no way Usyk should take less than 50/50 when he has 4 belts and Fury has one. Drawing power doesn't trump his position as the holder of most of the belts.

Comment

Hmm.

I would argue that in this ONE case, 50-50 is probably warranted.

Usyk is fresh off beating Anthony Joshua twice, and holds three belts. Or four.

Fury is lineal champion and draws money.

​​​​I'm not sure that Fury draws more casual fans to the sport. We know Usyk doesn't.

I say 50-50.

Comment

Fury vs Usyk should be at Wembley, not some dead middle east venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              Arum hasn’t been one of if not the greatest promoter of all time for being dumb! The old fart still thinks smarter than 90% of the posters on this site lol… damn right if the fight is at wembley, usyk won’t sniff anywhere near 50% of the pie! Just like if/and or when the saudis come calling, they won’t offer him the same they will offer the gypsy king! Simple to figure out… Tyson is bigger so he gets more money lol
              Well He had Andy Ruiz and couldn’t explode him or get him huge fights and make him known. The biggest fight he got him was Joseph Parker at Parker hometown. Al Haymon came and exploded Ruiz and made him world champion and world known. Arum had Terrence Crawford and nobody even knew who Crawford was outside of boxing. The list goes in and on, that’s why De la Hoya, Mayweather, etc leave him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
                Hmm.

I would argue that in this ONE case, 50-50 is probably warranted.

Usyk is fresh off beating Anthony Joshua twice, and holds three belts. Or four.

Fury is lineal champion and draws money.

​​​​I'm not sure that Fury draws more casual fans to the sport. We know Usyk doesn't.

I say 50-50.
                Boxing is a business, it’s not about who holds more belts. Tyson Fury sells way more because he has charisma, something Usyk knows nothing about

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                  Well if that's how Arum feels, then Usyh should demand a neutral venue. There's no way Usyk should take less than 50/50 when he has 4 belts and Fury has one. Drawing power doesn't trump his position as the holder of most of the belts.
                  DLH fought hopkins in 2004 when hopkins was the undisputed champ. At the time, the WBO had just became a major title so now oscar had a bs trinket. Hopkins had 3 belts to DLH's 1 and the split was 75/25. DLH got $30 million to Hopkins' $10 million.
                  Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Here we go again - promoters setting obstacles to big fights - 2023 is already shaping up to be a crap year

Comment

Working...
                    X