Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic: "Anthony Joshua Was A Beast But He Started To Box Too Much"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic: "Anthony Joshua Was A Beast But He Started To Box Too Much"

Though rivals, Filip Hrgovic had a healthy dose of both respect and fear for former unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. While the former may still be present, the latter has ostensibly dissipated for Hrgovic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua only committed himself to this style after Ruiz's knockdowns robbed him of his courage. He used to fight fearlessly, as he did against Vladimir, even after being knocked down, he got up and knocked him out. Now he retreats more than he attacks, and fights like a lightweight.

Comment

The best Joshua I’ve seen was the one against Ruiz 2. He seemed like he came in lighter than usual and game plan to box and he did that beautifully. If he can get back to that, he can beat any heavyweight… that Joshua would of beaten Usyk

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        The best Joshua I’ve seen was the one against Ruiz 2. He seemed like he came in lighter than usual and game plan to box and he did that beautifully. If he can get back to that, he can beat any heavyweight… that Joshua would of beaten Usyk
        AJ was flattered by the fact Ruiz had piled on the pounds since the first fight and has always been lead-footed and can't cut off the ring either.

No version of "AJ" outboxes Usyk and quite frankly you're delusional if you believe that to be the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

AJ was flattered by the fact Ruiz had piled on the pounds since the first fight and has always been lead-footed and can't cut off the ring either.

No version of "AJ" outboxes Usyk and quite frankly you're delusional if you believe that to be the case...
          Guess we will never know so what good does it do to wonder or argue. You have your opinion and I have mine. Respect to ya… who you got on the confirmed next big upcoming fights? That’s something to debate about
          greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Joshua had his titles ripped off him by Ruiz and pickpocketed it back in the rematch - that is not the mentality of a Champion or a fighter. The UK media and Eddie Hearn lauded him for those tactics and in so doing congratulated AJ on his pugilistic gender reassignment ‍♂️

Comment

Joshua boxed really well last time v Usyk but wasn't allowed to get his big shots off .He would look better v the very guy in this article with a mixture of both power and finesse. I would fancy Joshua to KO anyone he can connect on , inc. Fury. The 'comeback' against a 'nobody' okay BUT the planned 'big' fight with faded Whyte no, everything he's learned would go out the window with Whyte who he detests and it would give this 'swinger' an opportunity he doesn't deserve. Have an easy one then fight Joyce , who's there in front of you!
              Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

While that may be true,he boxed relatively well in both Usyk fights considering it just so happened to be against one of most skilled,elite boxers in the sport at any weight. He could very well outbox any other heavyweight with what he displayed in there against Usyk,actually I'm certain of it.

Comment

like to see Hrgovic actually impress with a signature W against a legit top 10

Comment

When AJ used to hurt his opponent, you knew the end was near for his opponent, Josh was a good finisher. But he is different now, he dont seem to hurt opponents in the first place whereas before you usually got impression at some point in fight, Josh will visibly hurt opponent.
                    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X