Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nery Plata And Clavel Deliver 2023's First Memorable Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nery Plata And Clavel Deliver 2023's First Memorable Fight

By Corey Erdman - For a good chunk of the boxing fanbase, this past weekend was considered a light one on the sport's schedule. Competing with a weekend of playoff football isn't in the best interest of promoters in North America, generally speaking. Two of the sport's major broadcasters in the United States aired three events, but many continued to look ahead rather than focus on the action in the ring that week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Glad I watched this. Was a war.

I get the feeling no one caught this one. Was just me and one other guy in a chat room where there is usually 30 guys. Ya missed out. Back n forth brawl with Plata emerging as a seemingly legit threat to Superbad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      Glad I watched this. Was a war.

I get the feeling no one caught this one. Was just me and one other guy in a chat room where there is usually 30 guys. Ya missed out. Back n forth brawl with Plata emerging as a seemingly legit threat to Superbad.
      I saw this one, was actually looking forward to it but certainly exceeded my expectations. While it was a war, it wasn't just two girls windmilling punches, there was plenty of technique.

Nery Plata really threw some smooth punches and combinations, Clavel displayed skills and grit to unload her punches. Some wicked body shots by both of them. Contrast that high level violence with the dreadfully boring heavyweight card on the following night.

Great article, but I wish ESPN had the author of this article calling the action with the commentary Friday night; Erdman always does a fine job behind the mic.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

In the picture, who is that weird thing at the back with the 1980's Caucasian afro????
        Last edited by richardt; 01-16-2023, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X