Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia To Stay Retired, Says Brother/Trainer Robert

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia To Stay Retired, Says Brother/Trainer Robert

Trainer Robert Garcia shared in December that his brother and former four-division champion Mikey Garcia was contemplating ending his brief retirement.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Long story short, he is shopping around to see if anyone hits the number.

Comment

Lmfao was hoping the rumors would start some buzz but nobody gives a fvkc about him. That's what the idiot gets for selling himself to Spencer and losing to Martin after begging pac for a fight. Idiot
      a5pe4 a5pe4 BodyBagz BodyBagz like this.

Comment

I don't believe anybody misses Mikey. And nobody wants to pay to watch him face b level talent.

Comment

I used to like Mikey and initially respected his jump in weight to chase Spence. I felt like that was a real attempt at chasing greatness unlike these dudes that pretend to be chasing challenges but instead chase weak champions/belt holders. But his piss poor effort against Spence changed my entire perspective. He didn’t even try to win and looked like he cashed himself out.

Comment

Every retired fighter misses the spotlight; the attention; The focus being all on them. Their ego gets lonely and they cant handle retirement so they either comeback or go the announcer route.

BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              I used to like Mikey and initially respected his jump in weight to chase Spence. I felt like that was a real attempt at chasing greatness unlike these dudes that pretend to be chasing challenges but instead chase weak champions/belt holders. But his piss poor effort against Spence changed my entire perspective. He didn’t even try to win and looked like he cashed himself out.
              ——-
              Mikey could have had a truly great career had he stayed at 135/140. His own brother and trainer advised him not to fight Spence. There was no way Mikey would ever beat Spence. Ever. It’s not that he didn’t try. He was just too small.

Can you imagine Tank or Haney or Shakur deciding they want to jump weight classes to fight Crawford or Spence? All the mapped out projections, expectations and perceived potential greatness would evaporate like a fart in the wind.
              Sheikh Sheikh likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                ——-
                Mikey could have had a truly great career had he stayed at 135/140. His own brother and trainer advised him not to fight Spence. There was no way Mikey would ever beat Spence. Ever. It’s not that he didn’t try. He was just too small.

Can you imagine Tank or Haney or Shakur deciding they want to jump weight classes to fight Crawford or Spence? All the mapped out projections, expectations and perceived potential greatness would evaporate like a fart in the wind.
                This right here folks
                Mickey was way to small to beat Spence
                Then he mentioned that he’d seen something to beat Spence
                Honestly , I fell for it and really believed the hype
                After the first round , it was evident that the difference in every matter was enormous
                Good on him for staying retired
                Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

This right here folks
                  Mickey was way to small to beat Spence
                  Then he mentioned that he’d seen something to beat Spence
                  Honestly , I fell for it and really believed the hype
                  After the first round , it was evident that the difference in every matter was enormous
                  Good on him for staying retired
                  —-/-/
                  I never thought Mikey would beat Spence. It takes rare talent to beat good big guys.

Comment

could be a good Manager/Advisor

Comment

Working...
                    X