Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessica Nery Plata Topples Kim Clavel, Unifies WBA/WBC 108-Pound Titles In Slugfest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessica Nery Plata Topples Kim Clavel, Unifies WBA/WBC 108-Pound Titles In Slugfest

Jessica Nery Plata has grown accustomed to life on the road. A brave showing was offered by the 28-year-old Mexico City native, who outslugged Montreal's Kim Clavel to take a well-earned ten-round, unanimous decision in the first entry of the 2023 Fight of the Year race. Judges John Madfis (96-94), Guy Girard (97-93) and Nathan Alexander Palmer (97-93) all awarded the fight to Plata, who defended her WBA
    [Click Here To Read More]

Both these girls were throwing all night.

The Mexican Plata was just faster and sharper but Clavel never stopped trying.

Plata becomes unified champ taking Clavels title in her hometown.

Comment

Well deserved win for Plata she can really fight good all around skill

Comment

Now THAT was a great chick fight. Great job ladies. I’m gonna go ahead and crown it best women’s fight of 2023 so far.

Comment

She's quite a babe and makes Sinistra Estrada look like chopped liver.

Comment

Plata showed real skill nice fast n sharp counters.

Comment

Very entertaining fight with some really good exchanges. Plata's punches and combinations just looked very relaxed and smooth but they were deceptively powerful; She marked up and bloodied Clavel's face quite a bit.

​​​​​​Clavel was incredibly game, she kept pressing the action and got in some nice work of her own. Both ladies gave a good account of themselves. Judges actually did their job and gave it to the rightful winner.

Comment

I haven't watched it but from the write up it seems Clavel had the best of the action and should have won?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  I haven't watched it but from the write up it seems Clavel had the best of the action and should have won?
                  I got the same impression. From reading the writeup you would think Clavel won.

Comment

Didn't read the write up, but I did watch the fight with the French Canadian commentators, they were cheering for Clavel, but at the end they even admitted that Plata won the fight. Plata landed the cleaner harder punches.
                    BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X