Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Alberto Lopez vs. Michael Conlan Showdown Being Negotiated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Alberto Lopez vs. Michael Conlan Showdown Being Negotiated

Talks are ongoing for newly crowned IBF featherweight champion Luis Alberto Lopez to make his first defense against Michael Conlan in Belfast, according to the Head of Conlan Boxing, Jamie Conlan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lopez really put himself on the map knocking off Warrington for a title and show he is a fighter worthy of some big fights. Conlan finally gets the chance to try and live up to the expectations that were had of him since came out of the Olympics. Should be a fun one if it does come off.

Comment

Lopez will win. Would love to see the winner of this against the lara-wood winner.
      BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Why the fuxk will it be in Ireland???? So they can try and rob Lopez.

That fight should be in the states tired of all these clowns trying to get a hometown cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
          Lopez really put himself on the map knocking off Warrington for a title and show he is a fighter worthy of some big fights. Conlan finally gets the chance to try and live up to the expectations that were had of him since came out of the Olympics. Should be a fun one if it does come off.
          Are you kidding? Lopez was already on the damn map. Did you miss his wins over Flores Jr. and Andy Vences at 130?

Comment

How TF does Conlan get a title shot when he was knocked out cold last year??? Am I missing something? Anyway, Lopez will crush this can in 6-7 rounds.
            Last edited by BlackRobb; 01-12-2023, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Are you kidding? Lopez was already on the damn map. Did you miss his wins over Flores Jr. and Andy Vences at 130?
              I did see both those fights and he looked good against both prospects. Beating Warrington the way he did in Warrington's hometown for a title is much more of a defining moment than both those fights is what mean. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

I did see both those fights and he looked good against both prospects. Beating Warrington the way he did in Warrington's hometown for a title is much more of a defining moment than both those fights is what mean. Just my opinion.
                I agree, but Lopez should have been favored over Warrington. I was shocked the fight went the distance. Warrington stayed in the fight with headbutts.

Comment

I'm glad Conlon gets this fight since Wood doesn't want to fight him again (because he knows he got dominated almost every rd). It's quite an exciting division now - also controversial. Lara v Warrington should be good way to finish the Leeds hooligan career off.

I can't really pick between Conlon Lopex but I think it's 55/45 in Conlons favor. Lopez is too open and his 'unorthodox' style is quite predictable. I think Conlon's pedigree will be the difference. Warrington could of beat him if he understood distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                    Why the fuxk will it be in Ireland???? So they can try and rob Lopez.

That fight should be in the states tired of all these clowns trying to get a hometown cooking.
                    It seems unfair but I think the justification is they can make the most money there. Tough route for Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                    X