Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Expects a Very Tough Fight With Jose Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Expects a Very Tough Fight With Jose Pedraza

For Arnold Barboza, two-time world champion Jose "Sniper" Pedraza represents the next step to landing a title fight at 140 pounds. His intentions are to eliminate the Puerto Rican fighter from the road when they meet on February 3 during the card that Top Rank will present at the Desert Diamond Arena in Tucson, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a pretty good crossroads scrap. Pedraza, despite being a bit shopworn and undersized at 140, is Barboza's biggest test. He will definitely hafta show new wrinkles in his game to deal with Pedraza's slickness and ability to switch stances. Pedraza definitely has a chance to pull off the upset unless he really got old since his fight with Commey.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

I have Pedraza winning by UD or late KO. I always thought that Teo should have fought Barboza first to get him acclimated to what he needs to make it at 140, but I look at Jose as a boxer that he better know what he's doing and the gameplan against.

Comment

Too much upside for Barboza, younger, less milage, naturally bigger and hungry. Pedraza will do good in spots but he looks a bit shopworn.

Comment

An egg should feel safe in the ring that night.

Comment

...will NSB still tell me that Pedraza isn't a gatekeeper?

Comment

Massive fight for Pedraza. He has to show he still has something. He's had 6 fights at 140, and his record is 3-2-1. And his 3 wins are the worst ones and he hasn't beaten any of the 3 best. And it's Massive for Barboza jr also. If he can't beat Pedraza, he might as well call it a day. That's not a slight on Pedraza, but if Barboza can't beat him, he has no chance against Zepeda and Ramirez, not to mention Taylor and Prograis. Intriguing contest, should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
                Massive fight for Pedraza. He has to show he still has something. He's had 6 fights at 140, and his record is 3-2-1. And his 3 wins are the worst ones and he hasn't beaten any of the 3 best. And it's Massive for Barboza jr also. If he can't beat Pedraza, he might as well call it a day. That's not a slight on Pedraza, but if Barboza can't beat him, he has no chance against Zepeda and Ramirez, not to mention Taylor and Prograis. Intriguing contest, should be fun.
                That's facts! If he can't beat Pedraza, he falls back, and he becomes the next Richard Commey!

Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                  I have Pedraza winning by UD or late KO. I always thought that Teo should have fought Barboza first to get him acclimated to what he needs to make it at 140, but I look at Jose as a boxer that he better know what he's doing and the gameplan against.
                  I agree with you 100% Rebelrbg, Barboza got a huge scare late in his fight, when he was severely rocked by Danielito Zorrilla.
                  Pedraza has a lot more pop in his punches than his KO ratio reflect's, for some unknown reason he doesn't always try to end matter's when he's hurt his opponent's.
                  Maybe he's afraid of permanently injuring his opponent's, and consciously, or subconsciously eases up on his opponent, doing just enough to win on point's.
                  Richard Commey caught a break when the judge's scored his last fight against Pedraza a draw, Barboza might not be so lucky.
                  Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                    This is a pretty good crossroads scrap. Pedraza, despite being a bit shopworn and undersized at 140, is Barboza's biggest test. He will definitely hafta show new wrinkles in his game to deal with Pedraza's slickness and ability to switch stances. Pedraza definitely has a chance to pull off the upset unless he really got old since his fight with Commey.
                    I think it's a pretty good crossroad's fight myself, Pedraza definitely has a chance to pull the upset, and I'll be rooting for him.
                    Pedraza can ill afford another loss on his record, he's got to come out of his corner like he desperately need's to win, because he does.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X