Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Bivol is Special; Zurdo Froze in the Big Moment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Bivol is Special; Zurdo Froze in the Big Moment

Oscar De La Hoya believes Dmitry Bivol is part of a highly rarefied group of fighters. The Golden Boy head couldn't help but be impressed with Bivol after the Russian champion dominated his charge, Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez, over 12 rounds to win a unanimous decision in their light heavyweight title bout in November in Abu Dhabi.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ramirez did not freeze, he was outclassed. He didn't know how to adjust or go into second gear.

Bivol is becoming the mexicutioner.

Comment

Froze in the moment? He simply isn’t top level. I always felt he was overhyped and didn’t even give him a chance vs Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Ramirez did not freeze, he was outclassed. He didn't know how to adjust or go into second gear.

Bivol is becoming the mexicutioner.
        I said the same thing months before the fight. The fighters he was fighting did not prepare him for Bivol. HIs record was padded with a lot of soft touches and wasn't ready for this level AT ALL.

Comment

I wonder if he can improve after this loss… but I don’t see him beating Bivol or Beterbiev ever.
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I agree that Bivol is special, I disagree that Zurdo froze
            AmpMcv AmpMcv mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Zurdo froze
              Ok Oscar , try again

Comment

Zurdo had been protected his whole career. Having a padded record beating ordinary opposition gave him a false idea of his own ability. Finally facing an elite opponent gave him a dose of reality.
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Don't think Ramirez froze. Just think that fighting the level of opposition he's fought throughout his career really hurt him against Bivol. He finally got in with an elite fighter with multiple dimensions to his game and he got completely outclassed. Looked lost the entire fight and had no idea how to adjust. Hopefully he can learn from it and come back stronger. He's still entertaining to watch.
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Bivol is special, and Zurdo froze in the sense that he didn't let his hand's go enough to even the score after being hit by Bivol.
                    Yes! Zurdo was definitely outclassed by Bivol, but plenty of fighter's have been outclassed, and still have tried to rally back.
                    This wasn't the same fighter were used to seeing in firefight's against his opposition, he was reluctant, hesitant, a bit scared, and therefore the freeze.
                    It was sad, if not pathetic to see an undefeated fighter, with so many win's on his record, but in his most important fight he didn't show up to fight.
                    Practically being reduced to a punching bag, by the boxing master (Bivol)!
                    Last edited by Boricua181; 01-12-2023, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X