Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter: "I Honestly Expect Crawford And Spence To Fight At 154 Pounds"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter: "I Honestly Expect Crawford And Spence To Fight At 154 Pounds"

Errol Spence Jr. was apoplectic as Terence Crawford abruptly left the negotiating tables. Although the pair was ostensibly close to facing off for all of the welterweight marbles, talks stalled in the 11th hour.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a shame but I don’t see them fighting at 147 which would be a total waste. That is what made the fight the most intriguing is to see who could be undisputed. I highly doubt Spence wants to come back to 147 as he has been stating for a long time before the Crawford negotiations he wanted to leave but would stick around to become undisputed.
    Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Totally disagree with porter, they should meet at 147 end of this year ,Spence most likely can still make weight but not for long he eventually will invade 154 ,Bud on the other hand can keep making ww limit comfortably so he might stay there for while.
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

If the belts don't matter, then vacate them on some sucker sh.t, then push the old tired narrative that no one is ducking nobody, when it was predicted long ago that everyone was going to move up to avoid Boots Ennis. Ali, Henry Armstrong, Archie Moore, Ray Robinson, Aaron Pryor and other deceased greats must be frowning right now, the way people are avoiding ppl in boxing today. This is total BS
        Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Yep, that's how crooks operate.
          Win-win is not good enough for them. It must be a win-lose for their benefit, ofc.
          But yeah, let's give them awards just for being who they are.
          Let's applaud them.

Comment

Fighting at 154 has much less significance unless they can get all the belts again. Just fight at WW in April for undisputed. Surely most of the details were agreed anyway before the stop. No one wants to see a non title fight against Thurman . WBC release a statement and do the right thing
            Even without Spence v Crawford it looked like the WW division had a route for the champions to fight the top contenders and some good fights this year. Now we have the WBA fight postponed, an exhibition between Spence and Thurman and Ennis found out as a fraud. Need the undisputed more than ever
            Last edited by Goatintheboat; 01-11-2023, 04:55 AM.
            Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

These are exactly my sentiments. Spence has unofficially vacated the welterweight division by fighting Keith Thurman above the 147 lbs weight limit.

Therefore, this fight is his foray into the Junior middleweight division. It could happen but I highly doubt that a fight between Bud and Spence happens anytime soon at 154 in the foreseeable future.

It appears that Spence has moved on with his career.

Comment

Totally unacceptable.

Boxing is a total mess. We can't get any of the names to fight.

Us fans need to show our displeasure and stop watching/payiing these idiots.

Erool fights once every 2 years and fights a washed up Keith Part Time Thurman himself.

Boxing is at it's lowest point it's ever been. EVER.

Comment

Porter is such a buttplug.

Comment

I agree with Porter. Spence walks around at 175-180. Now he's coming off a long layoff, and fighting Thgurman @ 154 in April. I can't see him coming back down to 147! I'm just hoping to see Boots vs. Ortiz Jr. in 2023! Spence and Crawford have totally disappointed me, especially Crawford! What a wasted opportunity, to see them fight for "Undisputed" @ 147!

Comment

Working...
                    X