Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis: If Shoes Was on the Other Foot, I Would Have Taken 85-15 in Ramirez's Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis: If Shoes Was on the Other Foot, I Would Have Taken 85-15 in Ramirez's Favor

Regis Prograis doesn't buy Jose Ramirez's various alibis for not fighting. Prograis, the WBC 140-pound champion from New Orleans, and Ramirez, a former unified titlist, were projected to fight each other, but the fight fell through after Ramirez declined to move forward with the purse bid. Ramirez's main issue was with the split, which was 65-35 in favor of Prograis, the champion. That split, in fact, was originally supposed to be 70-30, in line with the WBC's title mandates, but Ramirez's promoter, Top Rank, was able to to improve it in favor of their client. Still, that was not enough Ramirez, who also insisted that, as the bigger proven draw, the split should have been closer to 60-40.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cause Prograis is a real one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hanson View Post
      Cause Prograis is a real one.
      I grew up in Arkansas & Prograis reminds me of the dudes from NO in high school.
      And those dudes could fight & I mean beatdown fight.
      So I agree with you on Prograis.
      I don't see Teo fighting him either

Comment

Yeah but Ramirez isn’t built like that, he’s complacent believing he’s some big draw and accepting he can’t beat the champs.

Comment

Yeah because you’re not a draw..

No one knows you..

No one cares to see you fight..

You can go back to fighting overseas or on Triller cards for all we care..

No one checking for you with that vacant trinket either big mouth.
          PurpleHaze PurpleHaze likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
            Yeah because you’re not a draw..

No one knows you..

No one cares to see you fight..

You can go back to fighting overseas or on Triller cards for all we care..

No one checking for you with that vacant trinket either big mouth.
            You a boxing fan or a boxer fan ? Prograis is a good, entertaining fighter lol. Why wouldn’t we want to see this guy fight hard and knock Mfers out ? I get you like Ramirez, but damn.

Comment

"they’d probably offer me like a 15-85 percent split, knowing them. Guess what? If they would have done that, I know what I can do, I would have still took that because I want to be a champion"

This is a great attitude to have. Respect.
              Last edited by Apollo7; 01-10-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

“Top Rank, they don’t believe that he (Ramirez) can win,” Prograis added. “That’s why. They don’t believe he can beat me.”

Truth.
                'nuff said!

As with #3, Lopez won't fight him either - and forget the TR "no business with Probellum" bs. They don't have a problem working with Fury whos under the same cloud.

Comment

Prograis knows what time it is. I like Ramirez, but he's wrong here. I didn't see him complaining about that same split, when he was the champion, and sinking his 70%. Yet now he's getting the low percentage, the rules are to be changed and he's to get more? I don't think so. In any case this imo is all a misdirection to make it look like he has a legitimate case to avoid this fight. Do I think he doesn't want it? No. But I think he's been told in no uncertain terms that this fight ain't happening because of the Probellum situation, and this is just a deflection tactic. And next up should be Lopez. But yet Prograis has been given a voluntary. Why? Because I'm betting Arum has already told Suliaman that's not happening either, so don't waste your time ordering it. Ramirez and Lopez will now surely go the WBO route. Prograis is being avoided. Not by the fighters but by the politics.

Comment

I don’t like Ramirez.. his fights are cool but I don’t go out of my way checking for his fights either.

Prograis just does alot of talking like he some big dawg in the game and he’s simply not, never has been, never will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X