Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis On Scoring Until TKO Of Hector Luis Garcia: I Don't Think It Was Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis On Scoring Until TKO Of Hector Luis Garcia: I Don't Think It Was Close

WASHINGTON - Gervonta Davis' assistant trainer told him between rounds at one point early Sunday morning that his fight with Hector Luis Garcia was close on the scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was closer than you think. The scorecards didnt show the tempo of the fight. That said...Tank landed the shot that counted. I dont like to say that he knocked him out...because he didnt...but he hit him hard enough to stop him from being able to continue.

Comment

Fixed fight on a fixed card. Thanks pbc

Comment

Garcia came to fight. he was countering Tank till Rd 7. Tank would eventually lose because he gives away early rounds depending on KO power

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle SneakyTouch View Post
          Fixed fight on a fixed card. Thanks pbc
          Man..
          Why do You even bother watching the "Fixed" PBC Fights?
          Oh forgot....You like Post Conspiracy theories

Comment

He did not knock him out; however, he made Garcia reevaluate life and what could happen if he continues. Those punches brought reality into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              It was closer than you think. The scorecards didnt show the tempo of the fight. That said...Tank landed the shot that counted. I dont like to say that he knocked him out...because he didnt...but he hit him hard enough to stop him from being able to continue.
              If you are not able to continue with the contest in boxing you are knocked out. So, Garcia was knocked out. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                Garcia came to fight. he was countering Tank till Rd 7. Tank would eventually lose because he gives away early rounds depending on KO power
                Tank is an intelligent fighter, he analyses his opponents, makes adjustments and then finishes them. Tank is much more than the left hand.

Comment

Tank says the fight wasn't close up until the stoppage but he also says he wasn't throwing many punches early on because Garcia was trying to set him up. So which one is it Tank? If you're weren't throwing many punches early on you probably should've been losing rounds! Of course it made no difference once Garcia claimed he was blind but the fight definitely should've been close going into the second half of the fight.
                  Once Tank really lets his hands go, he has immense power which makes people quit. It's still yet to be seen if that power will be enough to beat the top lightweights because as good as Tank is, he hasn't fought any of the other top guys in his weight class yet. Hopefully Ryan is next. I'll believe it when the bell rings for round 1.
                  jackblack008 jackblack008 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

Tank is an intelligent fighter, he analyses his opponents, makes adjustments and then finishes them. Tank is much more than the left hand.
                    This is what GRJ has to say about Tank:

========================

"From what I’m seeing, (Davis) is slow as a mother****er, he’s super flat-footed,” Russell Jr said. “Ya’ll better stop talking ****, talking about Tank can do this, that, and the third with me. Man, this **** terrible if ya’ll see what the **** I’m seeing. He better stay the **** away from me, man."

“This **** ain’t looking too good. Ya’ll might want to keep ya’ll favorite fighters away from me, man...his foot positioning — I don’t know — his sense of distance, range, balance, and all that ****, he can’t **** with me, man. He couldn’t do **** with me even with my arm ****ed up in my last fight. It’s just sad."

“Tank getting touched with some stupid ****...the lack of defensive discipline, the lack of ring generalship and **** like that, is all **** you need to have when you do **** with somebody like me...he don’t see there’s levels to this ****, right now he’s just fighting. Intellect over athleticism, remember that, ya’ll.”
                    ===========================
                    Last edited by jackblack008; 01-10-2023, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X