Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias-Jeremias Ponce Set For February 25 In Minneapolis; Part Of Showtime Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias-Jeremias Ponce Set For February 25 In Minneapolis; Part Of Showtime Card

Subriel Matias and Jeremias Ponce have a date and a site for their 140-pound title fight. BoxingScene.com has learned that Matias and Ponce will square off for the vacant IBF junior welterweight title February 25 at The Armory in Minneapolis. Showtime will televise their 12-round bout as part of a tripleheader, the second of two "Showtime Championship Boxing" broadcasts in February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's about time they announced the date for this fight. At least 2023 doesn't look all that bad with two announcements. Not everything has to be the elite of the sport so it can be a good fight/matchup.
    JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Matias is easily one of the most exciting fighters in the sport today.

Comment

Let me guess. Since this is a double header , this fight will be headlined by that bum slayer, fake world champion David Morell smh

Comment

Matias might catch a body, just kidding....kind of. Subriel by ugly KO.

Comment

This will be a war! Can’t wait for this one!!

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post
              Let me guess. Since this is a double header , this fight will be headlined by that bum slayer, fake world champion David Morell smh
              Morrell has been matched incredibly tough for an 8 fight pro, how can you hate on his level of opposition?

I agree with you about the WBA reg though.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanFistology View Post
                Besides a good fight with Benavidez, I don't think that anyone wants the smoke with Morrell at 168. He's extremely talented, skilled, and dangerous, oh, yeah, with power.

Comment

Finally this one gets a set date. Despite the first Ananyan loss and the distractions that fight came with that fight, this guy Matias has been primed to make himself a big player in a stacked weight class, especially with his style. Winning that title can open all the doors for him. Need another solid guy from PR to make some noise. PR boxing has been on the down since Cotto retired.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                    Matias is easily one of the most exciting fighters in the sport today.
                    Without a doubt!
                    juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X